Unbelievable chance/goal ratio

I feel that something is really wrong with this game. The number of matches that I completely dominate but don't win is just unbelievable. It happens all and really all the time that I have s'thing like 33 chances vs 5 and that I don't win.

I am playing Blackburn and I play a 4-3-3 in which the wingers act as Inside Forwards, cutting inside and playing Through balls. Nobody is on long shots, even if all my midfielders and wingers have at least 14 long shooting.

My strikers are Doumbia, Rochina and Balotelli (on loan as back up). My strikers score many goals, topping the scorecharts, but i win many games by 4 or 5 goals. I dominate in fact every game (half way in my 3th season I had one even game: away to Man Utd, 15 vs 14 chances). But it happens time after time to have a match that I totally dominate, miss all the chances, hit woodwork 3 times and have a miracle keeper against me. And so, I can't win the league of course. During the first two seasons I had the same problem. The 2nd season I didn't win 13 matches. Only in 4 I didn't create at least the double amount of chances compared to the opposition.

In the Champions league group stage this year, I lost 3 matches. I created 77 chances against 14 during this 3 matches.

I think two things are wrong with this game:

1. Way to easy to by top quality players, making it to easy to make a super team with a club like Blackburn

2. AI compensates by punishing the human player in matchplay to make the game look more realistic

I know how you feel but I think it is just called being unlucky. However I have found that although the 4-3-3 should produce a lot of goals, it instead produces a lot of chances but very few are converted. Perhaps change your tactics a bit and you will beginning taking your chances.

I am playing Blackburn and I play a 4-3-3 in which the wingers act as Inside Forwards, cutting inside and playing Through balls. Nobody is on long shots, even if all my midfielders and wingers have at least 14 long shooting.

There's your problem. Creates a huge number of poor quality chances. Those inside forwards need to be scoring goals for themselves not just creating them.

You are winning a lot of games. That tells you something. That your tactic and overall squad strategy works a good % of the time.

You are not winning some games, due to strikers having an off day, combined with the keeper playing the occasional blinder. If this happens again and again then that tells you something as well, the tactic and overall strategy doesn't work EVERY time. It will still create chances, but it won't necessarily always win you the game.

Some moments, some scenarios, call for something different, and it doesn't look like your team has got it.

The ultimate statistic is goals scored and goals conceded. A goal is worth more in a 0-0 than the 5th goal in a 5-0 is. So figure out how to change the 0-0 game, not how to make the 5-0 game a 6-0! Most likely you just have to sit a bit deeper, play a bit more patiently (but w/ direct passing), and possibly throw an inside forward into midfield for the tighter away games.

Don't view chances or shots or even shots on goal as ANYTHING, goals scored and goals conceded is what you need to pay attention to, when deciding if your tactic and strategy is working.

The game is not compensating. I am in a save right now where I am top of La Liga and top of Serie A, doesn't mean the team hasn't had days like the ones you are describing above, but I try to ensure they are few and far between!

2. AI compensates by punishing the human player in matchplay to make the game look more realistic

... The equivalent to real managers complaining they lost because of referee decisions.

No you didn't! You lost because you weren't good enough!

If your preferred tactic isn't panning out, try something a little different (and no, I don't believe you hit the woodwork 3 times every match you don't win).

I also don't understand how this happens "time and time again", yet your players lead the scoring charts and you "win many games by 4 or 5 goals". A bit of a contradiction.

Anyway, change up your tactics a bit if your having one of "those" games.

Archived