Board Requests - Max scouts and feeder clubs

Hello all

I've started at a small club and have built it up slowly. I began with a few scouts and now have 23 on the books. Does anyone know the maximum we're allowed to recruit? I assume there's a cap? I get the board option to request more, but it is getting rejected currently.

Also, is it actually possible to get an affiliate? I have managed to get one in 5 years - the board occasionally agree, but can never find one. I also don't get the option to approach a club myself despite have a very good rep now. I'm on the latest patch.

Thanks

affiliate clubs are based on club rep, if youre a lower league may be easier to get a parent team instead? often the team reputation wont keep up with how well you actually play, unfortunately. this could result in your teams rep being almost identical to when you started if you arent winning major cups

affiliate clubs are based on club rep, if youre a lower league may be easier to get a parent team instead? often the team reputation wont keep up with how well you actually play, unfortunately. this could result in your teams rep being almost identical to when you started if you arent winning major cups

Since he now has 23 scouts, I assume that the club's reputation is at least continental probably worldwide - given that he manages in England, Spain, Italy or Germany. I manage Bradford, worldwide reputation (3rd behind City and Barca, 2022), and I am rejected more than 26 scouts and the club can't find any feeder clubs beyond the one I have in Scottish First Division - Morton.

Given that the likes of Milan and Inter start out with 12 scouts in 2016 (we holidayed 5 seasons in for a fresh take), 23 is very good. Most of the big clubs in 2012 have 5-10 feeder clubs, though, so I think it is weird that when asking for a loan feeder club one of the ten biggest clubs in the world only found non-league clubs as possible targets. The feeder club system is probably not flexible enough in FM12.

I think you might be right, Biggus. Managing Arsenal, I have little problems getting a loanee feeder club if I want it, in league tiers that seem appropriate. I'v had Charlton and Leicester as Championship loanee feeders, for example - as well as "financial" feeders in the USA, Japan and China, and loanee feeders in France (highest league), Spain, Italy and Germany (2.nd tier league). So if you start as a big club, it seems to be much easier to get what you want.

It would have been nice to hear directly from SI if they have programmed the feeder club system so that it is possible for a lower division club to get as many feeder clubs as Manchester United, Arsenal and the like at all. I am considering buying FMRTE and give myself some feeder clubs.

Sorry, I wasn't clear was I. My team is Sandhausen, started in third division in Germany, currently in my third season in the top league. Club rep is national, in top 10 of clubs in Germany and in Champs League for second year. My rep is continental.

Looks like I might be able to add some more scouts - but it also sounds like the affiliate system is broken. I have managed to get a tiny team from Switzerland - but club can never find any others to link with. I got them at least 2 years ago. I'm lucky in Germany that we don't have WP issues - I wonder if it is a country issue. If those playing in England couldn't get a WP feeder club I'm sure it would be a known bug.

Archived