What decides if a player will accept a loan offer or not?

As the title says: What decides if a player will accept a loan offer or not?

I've been playing around a little with FMRTE to see if i can force some players to accept a deal as i believe they would have done that in real life in the same situation. For example one player that won't get a single game in my first team but has other teams from the national first division that want him on loan as a key player.

So far i know that favourite club works to some degree. But sometimes that's not enough so i would really like to know which other things are important?

I really hate this in FM, and it has been this as long as i can remember. Players shouldn't decline loan offers as frequently as they do. A player should know that he won't get many appearances in the first team if i offer him to other teams for loans. If he doesn't want to get loaned out he should come and say that and either i tell him to accept a loan deal or he will ask for a transfer instead of a loan. There's a few (very few) examples in the real world where players have preferred to rot in the reserves instead of a loan/forced transfer but in FM they almost always prefer that. Sort it out SI!

Archived