Tycoon Takeovers

Started a game with Leeds with the intention of bringing them back to glory in a 10 year plan.

In 2nd season, just promoted to premiership. A tycoon took over. I was able to buy any player I wanted.

That ruined that save for me.

Started a new game after 2 more seasons of toying around.

Only seen two so far. Utrecht and Norwich.

Utrecht were a top 3 team in the Eredivisie since but never made anythign big. Norwich just had their takeover recently, but were relegated from the Prem three weeks later with no chance of spending any money before...

Currently in 2022 and ive seen 2 go through (West Ham and St Etienne) and seen a few failed ones, one being an italian club, Ascoli i think, a Mexican club and Everton who are now in league 1

Had one on a network game at Roma. I was at PSG and my housemate was at a dominant Real Madrid side. Roma hired Guardiola and bought in players like Ozil, Motta and a couple of wonderkids. They did alright domestically winning the title one season and finishing runners up twice but in Europe they were cannon fodder for the bigger teams. For some reason, Guardiola benched Ozil and the wonderkids against me so I romped to a 4-0 win in a game that was meant to be the hardest in my group. I think the tycoon did an Abramovich and cut back on transfer spending in the couple of seasons afterwards.

Oh and on my current save, Kilmarnock got taken over by a Italian tycoon who wanted to turn them into the best team in European football. They finished2nd to Celtic in the first season with him in place but haven't really set the world alight. They spent £9 million in the first season but since then the money has dwindled. Iirc they spent about £2 million this season while Celtic and Rangers spent much more. Personally would've like to see them succeed in a league that included Mark Hughes, Steve Kean and Roy Keane as managers.

I had a takeover while I was manager at PSV, I had about 200M to spend and insane wages, brought in players like Neymar who hadn't left Santos by 2015. I went unbeaten in the league, beat Lyon for the champions league and the dutch cup was between myself and my reserves.

Birmingham also had a tycoon while in the championship they bought in player like Demba Ba and Jordan Henderson. They have an annual salary payout of 88M. About 3rd or 4th highest in England. They went on to win the Championship with over 100 points and then hired Deschampes as manager and finished 5th in the Premier League, but seem to have hit a brick wall and are unable to crack they top 4.

Archived