Ideas for a Wonderkid team

As an experimental save I'm planning on creating a team of wonderkids and trying to work my way up the leagues with a group of technically brilliant young lads who will grow with the team. I have a number of questions

1) Has anyone actually tried this before or attempted anything similar

2) What would be the quickest way to create the team (maybe a editors forum question) and what sort of PA would they have to be good for say League 1 level.

3) How could I make sure none of my players end up leaving for a "bigger" team.

Maybe questions for the editors forum but I though here would be a good place to start :)

Cheers in advance

jIMBOB

1) Don't know.

2) I don't think there is any really quick way of doing it, but just emptying an already existing team and transferring the players to that one is quicker than creating a new team as well.

3) I don't think you could guarantee it, but when you add the players to the team give them all 100 love for the team in relationships and for each other, that will limit their desire to move. I don't know if you can alter chairman's stats, but getting rid of the tendancey to accept bids on your behalf is something you should look to getting rid of.

Please post your results, I'd like a go of this scenario.

1) Don't know.

2) I don't think there is any really quick way of doing it, but just emptying an already existing team and transferring the players to that one is quicker than creating a new team as well.

3) I don't think you could guarantee it, but when you add the players to the team give them all 100 love for the team in relationships and for each other, that will limit their desire to move. I don't know if you can alter chairman's stats, but getting rid of the tendancey to accept bids on your behalf is something you should look to getting rid of.

Please post your results, I'd like a go of this scenario.

I think the best way to do it is going to be like you said with emptying a team then I'll probably just set the CA so that they are a League 1 title winning side and their PA at -200 so that they could potentially be the best team in the world. I think thats going to be the best way to get all the attributes sort of correct.

I do agree messing with chairman attributes and love for the club will be the best way, could also do some tinkering with FMRTE if any of them decide to move away ;)

I'll set it up tonight and let you know what I decide on

Any more ideas are much appreciated

:) i always do some saves experimenting like this every FM,the Chairmans stats,loyalty as stated,3 for business,1 for interferance,20 for patience,10 or less for ambition,make sure the club has some money(and is making money)or one player might go!

FMRTE is the best for changing stats rather than the pre-game editor,its in a smaller window!

Just done one save where no player had a PA over 125 for LGE1,W45-D1-L0,scored over 160goals,you need 2 squads,,complete rotation lol,,,they need at least 14 for agg/work rate/team work,20 for Det/Big games/Cons,,,,the strikers 3 were 120-125(at the start)in the end 124-125,,you need at least 5 coaches and a gk/c and fitness coach,,,,i'll be doing another save where no players are over 100PA next!

:) i always do some saves experimenting like this every FM,the Chairmans stats,loyalty as stated,3 for business,1 for interferance,20 for patience,10 or less for ambition,make sure the club has some money(and is making money)or one player might go!

FMRTE is the best for changing stats rather than the pre-game editor,its in a smaller window!

Just done one save where no player had a PA over 125 for LGE1,W45-D1-L0,scored over 160goals,you need 2 squads,,complete rotation lol,,,they need at least 14 for agg/work rate/team work,20 for Det/Big games/Cons,,,,the strikers 3 were 120-125(at the start)in the end 124-125,,you need at least 5 coaches and a gk/c and fitness coach,,,,i'll be doing another save where no players are over 100PA next!

Some good starting points in here cheers mate :) few questions though.

Why give your chairman 3 for business? Surely you want him to find you good deals etc

Why no PA over 125 to give yourself a challenge? I plan on starting all players around 120 with PA at about -10 so that they can become world beaters

Did you ever find any other teams coming in for your players?

:)any higher than 3 and they'll sell all your players,thats wot i've found anyway!

Yes a challenge,you will wipe out the league with 200PA players,the games will get boring,even my 125's wiped out the league!

i've found the big teams come sniffing when players are over 150PA?,,when you get to the Championship you can raise the PA say up 20,i'm still experimenting!

There's something slightly different in FM2012 regarding big clubs coming in for your players,the effect it has on them?,had no trouble with the players though!

PS,i'm interested to find out how much a low PA a team can win that lge with!,,crazy lol

:)any higher than 3 and they'll sell all your players,thats wot i've found anyway!

Yes a challenge,you will wipe out the league with 200PA players,the games will get boring,even my 125's wiped out the league!

i've found the big teams come sniffing when players are over 150PA?,,when you get to the Championship you can raise the PA say up 20,i'm still experimenting!

There's something slightly different in FM2012 regarding big clubs coming in for your players,the effect it has on them?,had no trouble though with the players though!

Ahh right yeah makes sense, I suppose you can edit in good sponsorship deals etc

What CA did you start with then? Think I might start with between 110-125 CA and a -9 PA and see how that goes. If it gets to easy ill edit them down.

As I said if big clubs start coming in Ill use FMRTE because it will just disrupt the experiment. I want to try and win every league can cup from League 1 upwards with the exact same team before they all retire

Ahh right yeah makes sense, I suppose you can edit in good sponsorship deals etc

What CA did you start with then? Think I might start with between 110-125 CA and a -9 PA and see how that goes. If it gets to easy ill edit them down.

As I said if big clubs start coming in Ill use FMRTE because it will just disrupt the experiment. I want to try and win every league can cup from League 1 upwards with the exact same team before they all retire

:)With those Chairman settings only had 1 problem,within one month of starting a youth team player got sold over my head,he had a PA of 150,dont think i'd checked his status?,in a press conferance later that week,i was asked about it and replied,we cant sell our best players(or something similar)never happened again!,,,,my 25man first team squad all had 20 for loyalty!

:)With those Chairman settings only had 1 problem,within one month of starting a youth team player got sold over my head,he had a PA of 150,dont think i'd checked his status?,in a press conferance later that week,i was asked about it and replied,we cant sell our best players(or something similar)never happened again!,,,,my 25man first team squad all had 20 for loyalty!

Thats not to bad then, ill do same then unless its one of my best players Ill FMRTE him back accross ;).

What CA did your players atsrt with?

Thats not to bad then, ill do same then unless its one of my best players Ill FMRTE him back accross ;).

What CA did your players atsrt with?

:)From 80 to 120ca,3 of the strikers were the only ones on 120,so i'd say the rest upto 110,they do improve as the season goes on,20 for determination and all those kind of stats,every players marks tight and closes down,except the strikers,you deffo need 2 squads,all players selected must be 97%+ before a game!

:)From 80 to 120ca,3 of the strikers were the only ones on 120,so i'd say the rest upto 110,they do improve as the season goes on,20 for determination and all those kind of stats,every players marks tight and closes down,except the strikers,you deffo need 2 squads,all players selected must be 97+ before a game!

Yeah and you demolished the league. Probably go for similar CA actually with as you did one or two players a little higher. All with -8,-9 or -10 potential so they can be a premiership side. Yeah Ill proabably manually set determination, proffesionalism etc just so that they will impove and arn't all lazy :p

May be a little easy but its just an experiment really.

A team full of wonderkids, who are loyal, and the Chairman won't sell them from out under you? Sounds like my save! Its one of the things about being top club that I really appreciate, there is nowhere else kids want to go and play!

Sure, after 10-12 years they might need a new challenge, but thats not the same as giving a 19 year old a bunch of games, and then at 20 he is sold off!

1) Yes, I've done it.

2) Edit the database, either make your own team or remove all players from one and add them to that.

3) make yourself extremely rich, like Man City are. And as mentioned, make your chairman's stat 1 for interference.

Yeah and you demolished the league. Probably go for similar CA actually with as you did one or two players a little higher. All with -8,-9 or -10 potential so they can be a premiership side. Yeah Ill proabably manually set determination, proffesionalism etc just so that they will impove and arn't all lazy :p

May be a little easy but its just an experiment really.

:)Of course football is a simple game,if your strikers are "red hot"with the right stats at 120+-125 they'll stick the ball in the back of the net(in lge1)which is wot the game is about,they will have off days but not 2strikers at the same time lol,i play 4-4-2,if you wanted a harder game maybe lower the CA of the strikers?

This was famously done by kipfizh who created The Bandits, a created team of perfect players in the Conference North/South.

Original thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/28789-AI-Experiment-what-would-happen-if?daysprune=-1

Current thread (updated with the Sheriffs): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301736-AI-Experiment-The-Bandits-The-Sheriffs-and-FM12

On FM11, I tried to turn Palermo into a wonderkid side. In addition to Pastore, Munoz and Abel Hernandez (who were both already there), I had Hazard, Lukaku, Babacar, ter Stegen and a few others. It was really successful and Serie A practically belonged to my side. Continentally though we had mixed results; we reached the Europa League final and Champions League semis but couldn't push ourselves over the finish line. What worked really well with Palermo was the fact that most of the team had played in Italy before or were currently playing there so they didn't have to adapt too much. Also I set creative freedom to a maximum and it seemed to work - maybe by showing off they develop as players? I'll try and dig out that side and see who else was in there...

I did this with Pacifico in the Colombian second division. The team starts with no players so i brought in around 25 youngster regens and made my first 11 wonderkids using FMRTE. It was easy to keep hold of them as players under the age of 18 can't sign for foreign teams in South America, so if you get them when they're 15/16 you have them for upto three years. I had a balst with it, the team really was "my" team. When i left I had to stop myself from taking more than five with me lol

Not sure if anything has already been said as there is a lot of comments here, but to stop players moving, just simply start the game, make them wonderkids with FMRTE and then go to the Future Transfer Screen on FMRTE and edit it to make your players have a future transfer to say "2040" and they will never move from your club before retiring :)

Not sure if anything has already been said as there is a lot of comments here, but to stop players moving, just simply start the game, make them wonderkids with FMRTE and then go to the Future Transfer Screen on FMRTE and edit it to make your players have a future transfer to say "2040" and they will never move from your club before retiring :)

Or do exactly the same in the editor.

Not been on the forums for a few days so only just noticed all my replies sorry. Cheers everyone :) have set a team up, created my local team in League 1, not all wonderkids. All have starting CA between 90-110 and PA of -8,-9 or -10. Just managed to finish pre season with pretty mixed results. Few good wins, defeat to Bristol City in a 5-4 thriller (they are a league above so dont mind). Just waiting to get the season underway now, will update more soon.

Might even start a career thread, would anyone be interested in that to track progress?

Archived