position training and description

Once you retrain a player to a new position, up to natural, can you stop the training or do you need to keep it on?

Also, as he's a center back at start will his description in ever change from strong center back in his information? This always confuses me, as even when you have a player with two positions to start, and I play him for 3 seasons in the one not displayed it never changes. No it's not a big deal but these little things annoy me so much!

Thanx for any answers

Positions that a player is "born" with, will never change for the worse - but positions that are trained, can be lost again - for example if you don't play him much in the new position, and you also stop his training in it. You can indeed train a player to become a "natural" in a new position, and it might stay natural, even if you stop the training - but as long as he regularly plays in that new position. It depends to a large degree on the players stats - versatility being one of the most important for position training.

so as versatility is a hidden stat I could play him in trained position and not know if he would lose it til he loses it, great!

Any idea on the player description thomit? I like the little things like that to be accurate. Also will I ever gain second languages, surely my versatility is not set...

That's right ... neither can you be sure that position training is going to be successful at all ... you will only find out after you've had your player on position training for a while, and he doesn't seem to improve one bit. It is also possible that you only can train players up to "accomplished", and they will never ever be "natural". This from my own experience and observations.

Language adaption is more linked to the adaptability stat, for players. If you're a manager .... not totally 100% sure on this, but I think you are exempted from the regular game mechanics, and will learn the language of the country you are managing in quite fast anyway.

What was your question about player description?

Yes, if he get at least "accomplished" as a midfielder, his description will be probably "D©, M©" - or something like that. Allthough I'm not 100% sure in this particular example - it's rare to see a player that is good as a DC and a MC ... you sort of have skipped the more natural intermediate then, the DM ...

Edit: Or did you mean the description that's to be found on the information page of a player? For example, it says "Description - Flamboyant midfielder" ? I think in this case, the players description will be what he's at his best at - or his natural role and inclination as a footballer, so to speak. So this could change, I suppose - but it's more likely that he will always be described as a "xxxxx defender", in your example.

youth regen, natural as CB & DM already. I meen in his information screen, with media handling and reputation. At the moment hes listed as a strong center back, even though his attributes are more suited to a ball winning midfielder. Seems they can change in position, say up to a world class defender but not to a different position all together?

Hope that makes sense!

Archived