Game speed in 2018

I was wondering if there's a solution to speeding your Football Manager save up. I have a new, relatively quick laptop, however my save is in 2018, and it's started to slow down CONSIDERABLY, pressing continue seems to take ages, and there's a stutter in the match engine now. I only have the English leagues on aswell, down to Conference South/North level.

Any tips on how to speed up my game?

Thanks.

Have you lowered all your detail preferences in the 'Detail Level' menu? I *think* that helps speed things up a little, i've got all of mine set to 'none'. As does playing with no custom content such as real badges and facekits. Only having one save in your saved games folder also helps.

My laptop isn't particularly high spec and i've got a save that's into 2021 now which still loads and works fine (albeit obviously slower than when i'd first started it).

There is/was an issue with too many scout reports slowing FM down. Check your scouts and delete as many reports as you can (you can mass delete them).

Also, you haven't used the add/remove leagues feature at all have you? Doing so can create too many newgens that clog up your DB and slow your game down.

Adding leagues adds loads of players to the game too many in some cases making the game slow down. Despite removing plenty of leagues my game was way too slow in 2021 because I added new leagues mid-game.

Archived