Players growing in height and weight?

I have never seen it happen, and I don't think it does. However, it should, and it can be done in FM because it was done in EHM which was based on FM code. We created growth charts and Riz programmed them in so our 14 year olds grew and peaked in height in their mid-late teens, and weight I think increased until around 20-21. Obviously not for all players, but it was a nice bit of realism.

I checked back through some screenshots of regens I developed over the years and not only does their appearance change slightly (they get 'older' in subtle ways, face is tiny bit wider...) their weight changed as well. Just 1 kg drop in both the cases I looked at, and no increase in height compared to when they were 19.

19 is a little bit old to be expecting height gains in my opinion. Usually i take note of any freaks of naturethat come through my youth system, there was definitely a centreback who was 6'4 at 16, and ended up being 6'6...pity he couldn't mark to save his life

I'd like the height restriction upper limit taken off. Then i'd like to run an experiment with a 20ft tall goalkeeper to see if he could save Wolves from being relegated.

I've never understood why football clubs don't just hire sumos and feed them so much that they can simply be wedged in the goal and no balls can fit past them.

Archived