Labelled as the next...

When a young player with high potential is 'Labelled as the next [insert player name]', how does the game choose the player that they're supposedly going to be as good as?

Just wondering as I have an 18-year old right-back in my reserves who has not been labelled as the next Gary Neville, Viv Anderson, Micah Richards or even Kyle Walker, but the next Tony McMahon. The same Tony McMahon who in real life is currently at Middlesborough and has had loan spells and Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday, and in my game retired aged 32 after being released by Boro and spent his whole career in the Championship, without a single England cap to his name.

Is the game trying to tell me that my young defender will be mediocre at best?

When a young player with high potential is 'Labelled as the next [insert player name]'' date=' how does the game choose the player that they're supposedly going to be as good as?

Just wondering as I have an 18-year old right-back in my reserves who has not been labelled as the next Gary Neville, Viv Anderson, Micah Richards or even Kyle Walker, but the next Tony McMahon. The same Tony McMahon who in real life is currently at Middlesborough and has had loan spells and Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday, and in my game retired aged 32 after being released by Boro and spent his whole career in the Championship, without a single England cap to his name.

Is the game trying to tell me that my young defender will be mediocre at best?[/quote']

Media comparisons are only related to player's nationality, position, height and weight.

I had two young strikers (born 3 days apart) who I likened to Samuel Eto'o (pacy striker) and Christian Vieri (powerful goal poacher), problem is, 'Eto'o' was from Nigeria, not Cameroon, and 'Vieri' was Spanish. The game didn't compare them to any one, IIRC, probably because Spain and Nigeria don't have famous strikers in that mould (maybe Morientes?). But once I realized how good these kids could be I made room in the team, and got them playing together in the first team as first choice, at about 22 years old! They are not both approaching 29, and its about 200 goals in all competitions EACH!

edit: And what I love about it is, they are the perfect strike partnership, one with aerial ability the other with extreme pace, their DOB being so close to each other is just a sign, i guess!

Archived