Disappointed with this game

I have found this game very similar to the last one. Mainly because it is too easy again. I won the Premiership in the first season with Everton without losing a game. I just used the same tactic that i used in the 2006 version. Players are again vastly over priced. Keiron Lee of Man Utd?? Never played a game and valued at £6.5m?? The international selection is baffling too, in my version Jerome from Birmingham was not even playing yet played for England ahead of Andy Johnson who scored 22 goals? I signed Billy Jones from Crewe and never played him much yet he now has 8 caps? Its not realistic like the old PC versions.

It is a shame as i was looking forward the new version but i am left found wanting more

I have found this game very similar to the last one. Mainly because it is too easy again. I won the Premiership in the first season with Everton without losing a game. I just used the same tactic that i used in the 2006 version. Players are again vastly over priced. Keiron Lee of Man Utd?? Never played a game and valued at £6.5m?? The international selection is baffling too, in my version Jerome from Birmingham was not even playing yet played for England ahead of Andy Johnson who scored 22 goals? I signed Billy Jones from Crewe and never played him much yet he now has 8 caps? Its not realistic like the old PC versions.

It is a shame as i was looking forward the new version but i am left found wanting more

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds4lyfe:

And you expect us to do what?

The whole point of this forum is mainly to ask questions, and you havent asked any questions. At all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the point of a forum is to discuss things relevant to whatever the forum is about, not to just ask questions. i was discussing my thoughts on the game. just because my thoughts were bad you all have a go??

i was just expressing an opinion and opinions are neither right or wrong but they should be respected

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds4lyfe:

And you expect us to do what?

The whole point of this forum is mainly to ask questions, and you havent asked any questions. At all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok then, just for you.

How come players get vastly overpriced?

How come players can get capped for England when they dont even play a single game for their clubs?

is that better? asking some questions??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

do you want two cookies or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll have 2 cookies, thanks very much.

I took Accrington to the Premiership in straight seasons and then won the Champions League so i'm sure it can be done with a Serie C team in time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrefc80:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

I took Accrington to the Premiership in straight seasons and then won the Champions League so i'm sure it can be done with a Serie C team in time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you juggle while eating nuts?

I didnt say the WHOLE forum is about questions. But this board just seems to be the "General Questions for the Football Manager Handheld series" Board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a look under the title of this forum from the main page, i think you'll find it says:

This forum is for the discussion of Football Manager Handheld.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrefc80:

I took Accrington to the Premiership in straight seasons and then won the Champions League so i'm sure it can be done with a Serie C team in time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you juggle while eating nuts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll give it a go

i'll give it a go </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you juggle two elephants while eating banana splits and fighting rocky balboa?

I didnt say the WHOLE forum is about questions. But this board just seems to be the "General Questions for the Football Manager Handheld series" Board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a look under the title of this forum from the main page, i think you'll find it says:

This forum is for the discussion of Football Manager Handheld. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your First post isnt discussion. Its slagging the game off. If you hated the game so much you probably wouldnt want to come on the forums.

Because they could turn out to be brilliant players.

Go on the transfer market, type in rafael. Look for a 16 year old Brazillian. He is worth 20k is it? But he can be much better.

Most players are overpriced because of their real life actions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i understand that but tell me how cameron jermome who scored 4 goals in the championship is in an england squad ahead of johnson who scored 22 prem goals and defoe who scored 18 prem goals

because steve mcclaren enjoys seeing crappy players in the england squad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got a point!

This forum is for the discussion of Football Manager Handheld. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your First post isnt discussion. Its slagging the game off. If you hated the game so much you probably wouldnt want to come on the forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i havent slagged the game off. i have simply said i was expecting more from this 2nd version and that some things that were an issue in the last one are still there, mainly overpriced players.

i have played this series since the very first championship manager years ago. it is and always will be the best management sim around but i am merely disappointed with this version.

Is that just this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the start of the 2nd

because steve mcclaren enjoys seeing crappy players in the england squad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah but correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think it states that mcclaren is the manager icon_biggrin.gif if it does i havent noticed

Well now that we've both calmed down abit I can get my point across.

What I'm trying to say is, if you think you can make it better, why not make a suggestions thread somewhere, and see if SI take any notice? Hey, most game owners dont listen but I'm sure SI are more than happy to listen to our realistic ideas.

Is that just this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the start of the 2nd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well now that FMH2007 is out, it can't be repeatedly updated by itself. SI dont have control over the game and they can't edit the database.

The reason Cameron Jerome (or whoever it was) got some caps for england, is because whoever programmed the player database needed to think "What will -insert player here- do this season, and until the end of their career?". I'm hoping that your realising that it isn't hard to set expectations for millions of players.

Well now that we've both calmed down abit I can get my point across.

What I'm trying to say is, if you think you can make it better, why not make a suggestions thread somewhere, and see if SI take any notice? Hey, most game owners dont listen but I'm sure SI are more than happy to listen to our realistic ideas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm always calm, its just fun being awkward and 'angry' on the net.

but in all seriousness, apart from a couple of things, FMH07 just feels like i'm still playing FMH06

i'll give it a go </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you juggle two elephants while eating banana splits and fighting rocky balboa? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

piece of p*ss!!!

I suppose your kinda right, but if you think about it, you cant really add much to a brilliant game, can you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a good comment but how about the 2d match view? that really makes the game for me (on the pc anyway)

It is a shame as i was looking forward the new version but i am left found wanting more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i respect your opinion. so respect mine. i bet your a gay

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes i understand that but tell me how cameron jermome who scored 4 goals in the championship is in an england squad ahead of johnson who scored 22 prem goals and defoe who scored 18 prem goals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that is kinda unrealistic. I mean you wouldn't get an England coach picking someone who's never played one premier league game in his life, say like Walcott, to go to the World Cup ahead of people like Defoe, Johnson, Bent etc who are proven goalscorers would you? Oh wait...

mrefc80!! Post your tactics please mate! I've struggled with formations in this game and some help would be really appreciated.

I agree with what you've said about the game. It is too simple. I know that its meant to be simple, but it can be too simple.

And everyone in these forums that are having a go at mrefc80 are a n00bs. Opinions are opinions. Just because he might have a different one than that of some of the twats on these boards, it doesnt justify the pasting of this thread and the amount of you willing to jump on the bandwagon...

It is a shame as i was looking forward the new version but i am left found wanting more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was a little bit disappointed with not being able to view the matches in 3d style but i guess it is a small console does anyone know if u can watch the matches in 3d on Championship manager?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryanthewesthamman:

I was a little bit disappointed with not being able to view the matches in 3d style but i guess it is a small console does anyone know if u can watch the matches in 3d on Championship manager? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as no game has a realistic 3D engine yet, not even console games like FIFA, how exactly is it going to be available on the PSP?

Techniclly u are wrong it acctully says "General Questions for the Football Manager Handheld"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thfc53:

Your username should be Trigger. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THAT ISNT A QUESTION, IS IT!? icon_mad.gif Could someone please ban this rebel who rejects the questions-only rule and instead decides he has the right to discussion?

Just kidding, whats all the fuss about? If this is like any other forum then isnt discussion fine?

Anyways...i agree with thcf53, if what youre telling us is true about ur results then why the hell havnt u posted ur tactic here yet?

PS. For all the forum nazis: did u notice that this is all in questions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cammy_rangers:

Techniclly u are wrong it acctully says "General Questions for the Football Manager Handheld" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This forum is for questions and discussion about FMHH07.

Archived