**** the what

mwf

Does anybody else feel they have to score 5 goals to feel like the result secure? The strikers are amazingly clinical and goalkeepers seem terrible. I'm unsure if they have listened to our feedback on 'super keepers' and now gone drasticly in the other direction.

Just took a look at my results, having played 2 1/2 seasons with Hibs i'm yet to see a 0-0 in a competative game. No matter what tactic, no matter what keeper goals fly in at both ends.

Not having a rant, but the games seem extremely hectic after the new Patch. icon_confused.gif

Everybody else experiencing this?

Does anybody else feel they have to score 5 goals to feel like the result secure? The strikers are amazingly clinical and goalkeepers seem terrible. I'm unsure if they have listened to our feedback on 'super keepers' and now gone drasticly in the other direction.

Just took a look at my results, having played 2 1/2 seasons with Hibs i'm yet to see a 0-0 in a competative game. No matter what tactic, no matter what keeper goals fly in at both ends.

Not having a rant, but the games seem extremely hectic after the new Patch. icon_confused.gif

Everybody else experiencing this?

Yeah i dont know what happended, ive tried many tactics since i like a nice solid defense. But no matter what i almost always concede a few goals even if the other team only had a few chances.

I have yet to see a keeper save a penalty.

in my first season i got many realistic results such as (im Liverpool)

5:4 Lazio

7:3 Middleborough

6:3 Man City

5:4 PSV

6:1 Newcastle

And i just started my 2nd season vs Man Utd in Charity Shield match.

Ended 8:3

I don't complain since i win most of these matches, but still annoying when you got a great defense but still leaking alot

Don't know about that. I started my new game after installing the patch, and i see the same goal bonanzas left and right.

Thankfully my tactic is the type where i get maybe 8 shots, 4 on target and score three of them, whilst the other team gets over 20 shots and still loses. It's like i'm the AI icon_biggrin.gif

I just don't get that!

1-0 is probably my most regular scoreline (at least ten 1-0 wins in the league last season), with a 5-2 being a one-off high scorer (two goals in the 90th minute). I also see a fair number of low scoring games in the league. My games average 2.7 goals a match (my average score being a 1.7-1 win!).

Weird.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

It seems that there might be a bug affecting some people when continuing an 8.0.1 save game in 8.0.2.

Starting a new game with 8.0.2 should see scorelines align with reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to see some more feedback about this. FM's basically unplayable for me due to 8.0.2, but if it's just because of my save game(carried over from 8.0.1) then that'd help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wings69:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

It seems that there might be a bug affecting some people when continuing an 8.0.1 save game in 8.0.2.

Starting a new game with 8.0.2 should see scorelines align with reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to see some more feedback about this. FM's basically unplayable for me due to 8.0.2, but if it's just because of my save game(carried over from 8.0.1) then that'd help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why dont you quickly start a one league game and see if it helps. I started a new game with 8.02 and the goal scoring is fine. forwards may be a bit more clinical but i am having loads of 1-0 2-0 etc.

The only high scoring games i see are when teams like Man Utd, Chelsea etc play the bottom teams which is fine.

I just don't get that!

1-0 is probably my most regular scoreline (at least ten 1-0 wins in the league last season), with a 5-2 being a one-off high scorer (two goals in the 90th minute). I also see a fair number of low scoring games in the league. My games average 2.7 goals a match (my average score being a 1.7-1 win!).

Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happens with my new game using 8.02 patch. I'm using the tactic downloaded from here - http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/9902065283

I believe it has something to do with certain tactics that bring in high scoring game. I checked the AI matches are fine in my new game.

I have one away game Arsenal vs Man Utd which ends with 6-4 scoreline.

The best part is in that match Adebayor scoring 5 goals for Arsenal and Rooney scoring all the 4 goals for Man Utd. icon_rolleyes.gif

Tactics forum has lots of tips on how to do better.

But I totally agree with the problem in continuing saved 801 games. I started a new game as Newcastle, and aside from a couple of freaky high-scoring results against Chelsea (7-3 and 5-3... I marked Lampard out of the game so I think the AI was using him as a playmaker or something) I've done okay. The only really high-scoring games were within the realms of realism if you think about some of the real Prem scores this season.

The big turnaround was fiddling around with closing-down tactics. Went back to my saved Leeds game and it did a bit better, but still very high scores. Have written that one off now. Enjoying life in Geordie Land. They have Alan Shearer on the money up here, you know.

Just finished my first season with 8.0.2 and have a 2.2 goals a game, 0.9 conceded, 0.9 yellow and 0.2 red. So all seems fai enough to me so far.

I have had a couple of high scoring games against the league challengers but nothing regular.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred:

in my first season i got many realistic results such as (im Liverpool)

5:4 Lazio

7:3 Middleborough

6:3 Man City

5:4 PSV

6:1 Newcastle

And i just started my 2nd season vs Man Utd in Charity Shield match.

Ended 8:3

I don't complain since i win most of these matches, but still annoying when you got a great defense but still leaking alot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you checked any of the Premiership score lines recently.... Pompey v Ready 09/07 score = 7-3....it does happen icon_wink.gif

interesting, i just got a new laptop, and installed fm with 802 and loaded up my 801 game. I had been 3rd in the table (MK Dons) doing nicely and exceeding expectations and the proceeded to play my game on 802 and won only one of my remaining 10 games. I scrapped into the playoffs after changing tactic for my final match and then proceeded to get whipped by dagenham. Wish i'd left 801 on it now.

I'm playing with Liverpool with the following formation (4-4-2 diamond attacking):

Reina (GK), Rafinha (RB), Carragher (RCD), Cannavaro (LCD), Kaladze (LB) and Mascherano (DM) and Reina has kept a clean sheat about 9 times in 15 games. Pretty good if you ask me. Defence line is deep, mentality is on attacking and width is on wide. Furthermore I have the options Offside Trap and Counter Attack activated. That's about it. Personally I think it has to do with your own tactics and players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gooooaaaaallll:

interesting, i just got a new laptop, and installed fm with 802 and loaded up my 801 game. I had been 3rd in the table (MK Dons) doing nicely and exceeding expectations and the proceeded to play my game on 802 and won only one of my remaining 10 games. I scrapped into the playoffs after changing tactic for my final match and then proceeded to get whipped by dagenham. Wish i'd left 801 on it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The match engine has various changes so your old tactic wouldnt have worked as well.

I started a game in 8.0.1, and continued it into 8.0.2.

I'm now in season 2013/2014, still with the same team, using (still) the 4-4-2 Attacking standard tactic, without any tweaks. So no corner tactics, no free kick instructions.

During 8.0.1, usual season average (4 seasons):

Goals for: 2.5

Goals against: 0.3

During 8.0.2, usual season average (3 seasons):

Goals for: 2.7

Goals against: 0.8

Difference is easily explained: I have a better striker now, and worse defenders!

But what I did notice is, that when leading 2-0 or 3-0 or 4-0, I usually concede in the final minutes.

But then again, isn't this normal in IRL? You've won the match and are not playing for the full 100% anymore. Maybe even substituted some better players for not-yet-fully-developed youngsters.

So all in all, no problems here!

I've seen a couple of high scoring matches in my first season. Only one of them is idiotic in my opinion, it was a 4-7 loss against PSV. It could have gone either way and it was just stupid. I did have a few 4-3, 5-3 and 51 wins and losses after that, but those scorelines didn't "feel" idiotic. It generally felt as if it should have been this way. Especially considering the many goals in the dutch league this season IRL, it's not that weird I experience them in FM.

I agree completely with the ridiculous amount of goals in 8.0.2. I carried on a save from 8.0.1 were I really enjoyed the game and felt changes I made affected results. Since using 8.0.2 it's just a goal fest and i'm so bored! I have Gainsborough in the Prem, finished 13th first season and was half-way through 2nd season when I installed the patch. All of sudden every game had about 5 goals and I always concede straight after going in front. I only play a 4-1-3-2 (the 1 is a defensive midfielder) with the slider on 'defensive'.

The results just seem to have no bearing on anything I do. I've tried different formations, personned, instructions and it's always the same. My most recent results were:

a 3-2 defeat to Tottenham, then a 6-2 win over league leaders Arsenal, followed up by a 5-1 defeat to 18th placed Man City.

There's just no fun in the game since I patched. I only had 2 issues with 8.0.1 and that was how players never rounded the keeper and most goals were rebounds. Other than that 8.0.1 was a far superior game!

On my current Liverpool game, I'm 3rd in the league having played (let me think...) about 17 games, scored only 18 and conceded 6.

I'm finding it hard to score more than one per game, and I RARELY concede.

(It is an unusual experience for me - doing quite well with Liverpool)

I've seen loads of threads with this "Too many goals" issue - I wish I had your problem.

Archived