Two on GK situations

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Everytime my team gets a counter attack where there's 2 attackers and no defender but just the goalie to beat, the player with the ball will ALWAYS try to shoot (And it's saved most of the time) rather then pass to his open teammate with the wide open net in front of him (And the other player is not offside). I've played FM12 for quite awhile now and I've never seen my player pass to the open man in this situation. Anyone else having the same frustrations as me?

I think I have noticed this but I have noticed it for the AI too so it isn't so much unfair and just wrong. Of course, I think the match engine generates way too many 2 on 1 situations so if they were handled realistically there would be too many goals.

It's your tactics!:D But jokes aside, it might be, or at least the players. I have had 2 on 1's where passes were made to the open man who hit an empty net. They don't always- sometimes the man with ball goes for the glory. What is your creative freedom like? How is the player who won't pass rated for teamwork or decisions? Honestly there could be any number of reasons you are experiencing this, but I don't have an epidemic of it and so I don't believe the match engine is necessarily wired wrongly in this case.

It always seems to be about 50-50 for me. I'll be screaming "Pass it, pass it!" (yes, I scream at my computer while watching the highlights) and about half the time they do. I don't really have any complaints about it. I've got players I trust to make the right decisions and if the keeper makes a great save, the keeper makes a great save.

My players pass, but they do it way too early + they can't play it forward, they'll always force their teammate to drop back a bit in order to collect the ball. Then the guy shoots and in 95% of situations misses.

Yeah it's quite frustrating, I have the creative freedom set to More expressive so does that mean restricting creative freedom will make the player more likely to pass it? I'm playing as Man Utd and it's Valencia that never passes the ball in these situations even though I think his teamwork and decision stats are pretty good.

Yeah it's quite frustrating, I have the creative freedom set to More expressive so does that mean restricting creative freedom will make the player more likely to pass it? I'm playing as Man Utd and it's Valencia that never passes the ball in these situations even though I think his teamwork and decision stats are pretty good.

Well, I can't make any claim to tactical genius, but I believe lowering the creative freedom might do it. I say this only because I don't have the problem consistently, and my team plays with restrictive creative freedom (it's a BSP club, so I don't want them getting radical). Someone with more tactical insight could shed light, but it's my sense that lowering the CF might reduce instance of Valencia trying to get one past the keeper in a shot at glory. All you can do is try it out I guess and see how your results end up. Of course, it might have a negative impact on other parts of his game . . .

Archived