Steam Troubles

Hello, I'm sure this has been discussed hundreds of times, but I couldn't be bothered to go searching for old threads and I'm getting impatient. Story goes, I bought FM12 months ago, not long after it was released. It installed fine, Steam account created with no problems, played fine, saved fine, loaded fine, downloaded Editor from Steam without any problems, opened up with no problems every time, it was saved to my library. Loving life, all is well. Then, last week Steam notified me to tell me to reverify my account to prove it's still mine and still valid blah blah, so I did. Got confirmation that it was completely verified. So I go to load up FM a few days ago and all it did was send me straight to my Steam account, on FM page and all I could do was download a demo or purchase it again. After paying £30 for it, I don't condone paying for it again, especially seeing as there's nothing wrong with my copy. Same goes for Editor, unable to load, always sends me to my account. I've looked on the internet for solutions and unless I'm not looking hard enough I haven't seen anything that could be of use. I can't un-install the game, or attempt to re-install it as my product code is invalid, I've seen a lot of (Go to library, right click on game and go to properties) that might work... If FM was in my library, which it isn't, along with Editor which is no longer there. It's been like this for days now, I've emailed Steam and as expected, they haven't done anything about it yet, as a customer, I think I have the right to be a little annoyed with the lack of service. I find it ridiculous that you have to play an offline game through Steam anyway. Complete waste of my time. It doesn't make anything easier, in fact I find it more inconvenient having it. Sorry for the rant.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me sort this mess out. Just show me what I need to do nice and simple.

Thank you.

I think you might have to wait for Steam to get back to you they normally reply within 48 hours.

I've never seen this before, did they say why you needed to verify?

Also see if you have the original confirmation of purchase email, they might ask for it.

You do have the correct view set in Steam library? e.g to see the editor you'd need "tools" view and to see the game "Games details" or "Games list"

Hi,

It's been 3 days since I emailed them, I'll wait until tomorrow then I will try and contact them again. I know it's odd, haven't seen anyone else with the same problem as me. I don't know why I had to verify it, but I did it anyway, it seems to have reset my Steam, account is still active but it's just that I have no games in my library now. I didn't buy it off Steam, I bought it in store. Yes, I've checked the 'tools' section, that's where I downloaded Editor when I installed the game. But now it's not there. I keep trying but it's not having it, just won't load anything.

Archived