Offside after the goal is scored

I have wondered about this for quite some time now. I'm sure this has been raised before, but anyway I would like to get this of my mind.

I find it a little bit irritating, when i'm chearing after a goal just to see it ruled offside.

My question is, is there anyway to "change" the game, so the offside can be ruled before the goal? Just like you see in real life, or is this simply to difficult?

Not sure what real life you're referring to as there are plenty of goals chalked off for offside every weekend.

Sorry for that. But there are never offside in the game, before after the goal is scored. That's what I mean.

I was just wondering if there where anyway to change this, to make it even more realistic.

There are more chalked off goals in FM than in real life because they like to create more drama. This is why the commentary constantly tells us that strikers are "kicking themselves" or that the manager "holds his head in his hands" etc, even though the 3d animations show that it was hardly a half-chance and a goal would have been a fantastic achievement.

There are more chalked off goals in FM than in real life because they like to create more drama. This is why the commentary constantly tells us that strikers are "kicking themselves" or that the manager "holds his head in his hands" etc, even though the 3d animations show that it was hardly a half-chance and a goal would have been a fantastic achievement.

I presume you have evidence to back up your statement.

@ OP

Another way you can tell is look at the linesman, if he stands still and sticks the flag out its offside. If he carries on moving the goal will stand.

I see the point the OP is making, if a player is sent through on goal, I never see him stop as the he is flagged offside and the ref stops the game. The player is always allowed to score before being called offside. Irl, we often see a player through on goal stop before shooting as the ref blows for offside.

Of course, I usually only watch key highlights, so maybe on full match you see more of this.

I see the point the OP is making, if a player is sent through on goal, I never see him stop as the he is flagged offside and the ref stops the game. The player is always allowed to score before being called offside. Irl, we often see a player through on goal stop before shooting as the ref blows for offside.

Of course, I usually only watch key highlights, so maybe on full match you see more of this.

\

Well it wouldn't be a key highlight if he were to stop and nothing were to happen, would it? So yes it makes a big difference ;)

\

Well it wouldn't be a key highlight if he were to stop and nothing were to happen, would it? So yes it makes a big difference ;)

It's amazing how often a midfield move that comes to nothing makes it to key highlights, so I'd suggest a through ball with a 1 on 1 situation that gets pulled back might have a chance of making it too.

Archived