Possible bugs in ME???

Please dont take this as criticism.

I am just trying to verify possible bugs so that they are rectified for next release.

1. Repetitive action of GK- He also throws to left back and passes along the ground to RB.

No variation at all. Only when RB passes back to GK he passes it first time to the LB. He seems to have best first touch in the game.

2. Faultly kicks by the GK upfield- No matter how good the GK is, he doesnt seem to kick it flat and straight to the forwards, always high up in the air and they have to move about here and there to get it correctly.

3. GK ignores TM instructions- It seems that the ball goes more to my other striker than to my TM. He kicks it right in between the 2 strikers sometimes and just squanders possession.

4. There also seems to be a repetitive movement where LB passes first time to CM whose passes first time to LW who sometimes again passes first time to the left hand side forward. Some variation would be nice.

5. Offside problem- It appears that the engine doesnt check for offside immediately when the passer releases the ball but only after the ball has travelled quite a distance.

6. The refs also take too long to call for offside. They call for offside only after the player caught offside comes in 1 vs 1 position against the keeper.

7. The corner taker offside bug. Surely this needs no explanation.

8. Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think there is any option to place players in the 6 yard box without them hoarding themselves at the far post. Also the man standing at the line is the one to always clear the ball.

This doesnt happen when I am defending against the AI though.

9. Lastly a possible transfer bug. When my players seem to be doing well the AI gets attracted to them and bids for them at the player's value when he has no asking price set. Surely no one would sell the player at the player's value itself.

10. The AI is not at all agressive when bidding for players. Just 1 bid or at the most 2. They dont hunt down the player.

The option to go on holiday during the match would be nice.

Sorry if I have been too harsh. So what do you think?

5. Offside problem- It appears that the engine doesnt check for offside immediately when the passer releases the ball but only after the ball has travelled quite a distance.

6. The refs also take too long to call for offside. They call for offside only after the player caught offside comes in 1 vs 1 position against the keeper.

Isn't this because until a player is 'active' he isn't offside? So it can't be called as soon as the ball is played.

This is a must.

8. Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think there is any option to place players in the 6 yard box without them hoarding themselves at the far post. Also the man standing at the line is the one to always clear the ball.

This doesnt happen when I am defending against the AI though.

Can you not just set player instructions for them? Near post/far post/attack etc?

9. Lastly a possible transfer bug. When my players seem to be doing well the AI gets attracted to them and bids for them at the player's value when he has no asking price set. Surely no one would sell the player at the player's value itself.

10. The AI is not at all agressive when bidding for players. Just 1 bid or at the most 2. They dont hunt down the player.

I agree. I have seen the AI bid well for 1 or 2 of my high performing players, but not often enough. They also tend to give up too easily and go for a lesser player.

The option to go on holiday during the match would be nice.

This was removed due to the possibility of it bugging the game up even more in the future.

1. Repetitive action of GK- He also throws to left back and passes along the ground to RB.

No variation at all. Only when RB passes back to GK he passes it first time to the LB. He seems to have best first touch in the game.

This sounds like an animations issue. There are only a limited number of animations for FM to use although the number is being increased with each release. You have to use a little imagination in terms of touches & passes.

2. Faultly kicks by the GK upfield- No matter how good the GK is, he doesnt seem to kick it flat and straight to the forwards, always high up in the air and they have to move about here and there to get it correctly.

I agree to an extent, more variety in goalkicks would be good.

3. GK ignores TM instructions- It seems that the ball goes more to my other striker than to my TM. He kicks it right in between the 2 strikers sometimes and just squanders possession.

Yes, could be improved - Maybe as a player instruction "Long kick aim"

4. There also seems to be a repetitive movement where LB passes first time to CM whose passes first time to LW who sometimes again passes first time to the left hand side forward. Some variation would be nice.

It comes down to a mixture of team/player instructions along with maybe lack of different animations as well.

Its not offside until the player touches the ball as in real life.

Nope, players need to be coded to get back onside better.

8. Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think there is any option to place players in the 6 yard box without them hoarding themselves at the far post. Also the man standing at the line is the one to always clear the ball. This doesnt happen when I am defending against the AI though.

There are a couple of near post instructions but in general more variety from players given the "Forward" instruction would be better.

It acts as a sort of safety net to give the AI a starting point. The answer is to set asking prices for your players although I know some users won't be happy having to do that.

The AI uses groups of targets so if you are very negative towards a bid they will tend to focus on other options which are at other AI teams who are more open to discussion.

That said its too easy at the moment to be very negative and block a bid, it should be harder & the AI should chase players more aggressively (especially at high levels).

The offside bug isn't just limited to after a corner is taken. Wingers get caught offside a lot (they shouldn't, because they can see across the line) because they go to an offside position and just stand there. And then someone passes to them!

The offside bug isn't just limited to after a corner is taken. Wingers get caught offside a lot (they shouldn't, because they can see across the line) because they go to an offside position and just stand there. And then someone passes to them!

This improves considerably with high off the ball stats, in my experience. But I agree it happens too often in FM.

Archived