Debt

I am your man!! It has just happened to me twice. The first time was when I hit 200 million GBP in the red, the second as I hit 175 million. I have seriously cut back and am recruiting youth from here on in with one big-ish money signing each summer. I had 9 points deducted each time but i won the title in the EPL by 16 points each time. The second time (in my season just finished) the deduction meant I finished 5th and missed out on the champions League as I move in to my new stadium for the first time!

I am your man!! It has just happened to me twice. The first time was when I hit 200 million GBP in the red, the second as I hit 175 million. I have seriously cut back and am recruiting youth from here on in with one big-ish money signing each summer. I had 9 points deducted each time but i won the title in the EPL by 16 points each time. The second time (in my season just finished) the deduction meant I finished 5th and missed out on the champions League as I move in to my new stadium for the first time!
Financial doping much? :D

Do you think that administration isn't harsh enough? £175m in the red should really trigger a fire sale...

You are probably right. I used the 48 month instalment thing far too much and I am now suffering. That said I have sold a lot of expensive talent (many to clubs who are paying me over 48 months) and the balance is being redressed somewhat. I look forward to a bright debt free future in a new ground twice the size of my last one. I am investing in younger players and not buying anyone I cannot afford to pay for in one instalment and on reasonable wages - I will not pay more than 99k per week. I also made an error in my last post. I won the league by 16 points the first time. The second time is when I finished 5th in the season just gone.

Archived