Striker Partnerships

I'm trying to figure out the best combination of partnerships with a two striker formation.

Target Man and Poacher?

Advanced forward and poacher?

Target Man and Complete forward?

etc...etc...

So many combinations.

What does everyone else choose?

I'm trying to figure out the best combination of partnerships with a two striker formation.

Target Man and Poacher?

Advanced forward and poacher?

Target Man and Complete forward?

etc...etc...

So many combinations.

What does everyone else choose?

depends on the formation really, just that there's two strikers in it is not very discriptive at all to be honest

Currently using Target Man & Trequartista, but then I have wingers on support roles (crossing) and Hamsik serving the ball into the Trequartista as he looks for space.

If I was using a different midfield set-up, I would be using a different combination/solo strike force.

I had Nathan Delfouneso AF (andvanced forward) and Darren Bent P (poacher) and they were fantastic. A decent pair of wingers and a decent playmaker and 2 seasons along, a league title! Bent managed a 32 goal season and Delfouneso hit 23. Awesome stuff

When I've played with two strikers, I've had most success with Trequartista (van Persie) and Poacher (Walcott).

But mostly, I play with a poacher in front of three attacking midfielders: one attacking midfielder, one advanced playmaker, and one trequartista (sometimes inside forward).

Archived