Players with dark green background in squad.

This often happens in my reserves/u19s. There are a few players whose names are sort of dark green. They don't actually have a contract with the team as such, but still seem to appear. Sometimes one will appear in the reserve squad when I empty it. The only way to get rid of the same is to offer them a contract. Why do they appear and how do I stop them. I'm playing on FM10 at the moment if that makes a difference.

----

There is also a second problem I've been having. It is regarding training. Obviously the training is split up into two sections: 1st Team/Reserves and Youth Squad, but for some reason when I go to my Youth Squad and import Tugs Training (Youth Version), it won't let me apply it to any of these players. I'm playing with Hibs whose youth squad is U19s.

Sounds like you're talking about grey players, they appear just to fill gaps in your squad(s), the only way you can stop it is by having more reserve or u-18 players.

This. These players are like newgens, but are only really placeholders for when you don't have enough players in the squad. They're usually crap, and you can just ignore them.

Archived