4-0 at Half Time. 5-5 at Full time. Best come back in history?

Totally dominated the first half. Strikers scored with ease. Defenders never let anyone from the other team go through them. Score was 4-0 and everyone went to the second half with a 'superb' morale. Suddenly, the whole team acted like they're drunk. In like 15 mins, they scored 3. One of those was an EXTREMELY weak shots to goal. Ball was on the ground travelling at 5km/h. Goalie just stood there, didn't even try to dive. Really I don't know what happened to him. Score was now 5-3. The last 2 were score from 2 perfect freekicks, both went into the top corner of the goal.

If you still think this is realistic I don't know what to say :(

Remember my players suddenly played like kids in the 2nd half which I can't explain why.

What do you think?

I had a similar result is my current game with Leverkusen but it went the other way. I was 4-0 down at HT away at Hoffenheim and decided to give my team an aggressive team talk and went near enough all out attack as well as making a couple of changes. In the end I won the game 5-4 having 6 shots on target.

2012-04-27_00001.jpg

I think if you/they score with a few minutes of the 2nd half played then anything is possible in the remainder of the game even at 3-4 goals down.

Well my team was much better than the other team. The 2 players that scored the freekicks had a Free kick taking of 12 and 13. Still don't know how they put it into the top corner.

I think it is a bit disappointing but I still like the game. Hope it won't happen again.

Well my team was much better than the other team. The 2 players that scored the freekicks had a Free kick taking of 12 and 13. Still don't know how they put it into the top corner.

I think it is a bit disappointing but I still like the game. Hope it won't happen again.

Ah yes. Good ole free kicks. I can't becks to score one but modric can score 3 against me in a match.

Free kicks have always been weird for me. It always seems like the people you expect to score from free kicks don't but the one you don't expect to do.

To say that a team coming back dramatically like that should never happen I don't agree with as there are a good few examples of it happening in real life. There are also a good amount of examples of teams scoring furiously in one half a match.

I remember Wolves coming back from 3-0 down to win 4-3 in the premiership some years back... and it happens in the biggest high-profile games to the most experienced teams, as you probably know if you watched the Champions League final in 2005. Myself, I just had an away match where I found myself 2-0 down in 15 minutes. Pulled a goal back just before half time, scored again in the 78th minute, and while playing with ten men (all subs used, one of my players was injured) scored the winner in the 85th.

It does grate when it happens to you, but the only advice I can give is to use the "don't get complacent" pep-talk very often - if your squad is anywhere near professional they'll take it well. Also, once I'm a few goals up, regardless of how well I'm playing I switch to a slightly more conservative style. Doesn't have to be drastic; I switch from attacking to control, slightly decrease the mentality of my fullbacks, that sort of thing.

I remember a match on one of Nick Hancock's old videos (Football Nightmares or Football Hell).

A team, who I think were French from the language of the commentary, came back from 3-1 down after 89 mins to win 4-3.

Anyone else remember this?

Wasn't there an African Cup much a couple years back where someone bet his whole uni money on a team winning 4-0, who went on to draw 4-4?

Here it is (I posted a link to it earlier). I think the story about the bet was a hoax, but it was still an amazing match.

Of course it is possible in the game, not in real life. They should not let this happen in the game. No team in the world could come back like this I think.

I wouldn't say it is impossible in real life, very rare but not impossible, look at when Arsenal let Newcastle

4-0 at half time and it finished 4-4!!

This weekend, an amateur game in Holland between Best Vooruit and Terneuzen had a similar kind of score but it turned around in a more bizarre way.

5 minutes before the end, Terneuzen was 1-5 in front. Best Vooruit then scored goals in the 87th, 88th, 94th and 95th minute to turn the score around and finished 5-5!

So I would say, yes, you're game certainly is realistic.

Tottenham vs Manchester United

Manchester United side found themselves 3-0 down at the hands of Tottenham in September 2001, with goals from debutant Dean Richards, Christian Ziege and Les Ferdinand giving the White Hart Lane hosts a comfortable lead. However a Spurs capitulation and strikes from Andy Cole, Laurent Blanc, Ruud van Nistlerooy, Juan Sebastian Veron and David Beckham saw United win 5-3.

Tottenham vs Manchester City

Tottenham found themselves three goals to the good once more in February 2004, this time against the Blue side of Manchester. Ledley King, Robbie Keane and Christian Ziege (again) had Spurs in a dominant position, and Joey Barton had been sent off for City. Despite this, the ten-man visitors rallied in the second period and goals from Sylvain Distin, Paul Bosvelt, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Jonathan Macken gave City an unlikely win.

Cheltenham vs Burton Albion

Losing 5-3 against Burton Albion with five minutes remaining to win 6-5. A Justin Richards strike and two late goals in the dying minutes by Michael Pook saw The Robins record a memorable victory.

Bayer Uerdingen vs Dynamo Dresden

Dynamo Dresden had beaten Bayer Uerdingen 2-0 in the first leg of a German cup tie, and were again winning 3-1 at half time in the second leg to give them a seemingly unassailable 5-1 aggregate lead with 45 minutes to play. However Uerdingen hadn’t read the script and scored six unanswered goals in the second half to record a historic 7-5 aggregate win.

Seems to happen every now and then.

My personal favorites :p

2006 UEFA Cup Semi Final, Middlesbrough losing 0-1 from the first leg, and trailing 0-2 in the 2nd leg to Steau Bucharest.

Then this happened...

[video=youtube;PgpA0S2Ciqo]

Made all the more remarkable that pretty much the exact same thing happened in the Quarter-Final tie between Middlesbrough and FC Basle, 2 weeks earlier...

[video=youtube;QLlpzhWMU5w]

Archived