I've been playing Football Manager (Once known as Champ Manager) since the 90's as a kid. First it was just the text based and then onto 2D and now we have a more graphical version of the game. Whilst playing the game today I went back to watching the games in 2D once again. Does anyone else play FM 12 with 2D at all?

I use 2D when I'm working on new tactics. I find that in 2D, I can more easily see how the overall space is being used by the team.

3D is a bit better at showing details like the amount of free space the players have, or if a ball is flying way over a player or just an inch over the head.

During the season, I usually watch using the director camera.

Played 2d up until yesterday when I finally got a new graphics card installed and personally I'm loving the game in 3d. Although I do like 2d as you can see the positions of all your players much better, I prefer 3d mode because I can see all the tackles and shots more clearly.

I love 2D as it shows me how the whole game pans out.

I find the little circles (players) in 2D very addictive...it's exciting to see them moving around on the pitch.

Do anyone else feel the same?

I used to love watching matches in 2D, where it would look like you'd have little Smarties running around.

Now i'm boring, I just use plain old text commentary. I do, however sometimes view highlights/goals in 2D Classic.

Same here. Once I have worked out my tactics at the start of the season I then go to text only and have the match stats up on screen to see who is low on energy, poor ratings etc... but then watch the highlights (goals) in 3-d. I think the games go quicker as well which I prefer.

Archived