Player search extremely slow all of a sudden

Hey all,

I've been running FM12 on my macbook pro for a few months. I started off with a large database and although the processing from day to day was slow, the game was otherwise fine. I'm now on a medium sized database, and a few weeks after doing that my player search function is extremely slow, but only the player search function. Everything else, including staff search, is fine. If I'm in player search, a click on any one thing, like sorting columns, change an attribute value, anything at all, takes up to 15 seconds to process. So multiple changes to one simple search take ages.

Any ideas what's up?

I bet it's because of the amount of scout reports generated by your scouts.

Clear your Scout Reports by sorting them by Potential or Current ability - and remove the players scout report by right clicking and going through the sub menus

Try only do a small amount at a time. On my computer, doing more than 200 at a time causes the game to crash.

I usually do 50 or so at a time. Takes an age to clear them all.

Scout reports usually last a year. You can filter your Scouts to only find players with [x] star potential.

Which significantly cuts down on the scout reports generated.

Personally, I think it's a bug with the game.

Either don't generate so many scout reports, or make the search engine workable with so many scout reports.

@ Eugene --- you said "You can filter your Scouts to only find players with [x] star potential" --- when I go to 'add new assignment' and try to filter like this, the 'okay' button is always greyed out so I can never do it. Any idea why?

PS - Only in FM could someone play a game so long and still be such a noob!

If you untick the unrealistic targets filter in player search it will be normal speed. It always does this after a few seasons, annoying if your with a lower league club and can't just go and buy anyone.

Archived