Anyone play on a dell xps15?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone who plays on a Dell XPS 15 (l502x) could tell me what the experience is like?

How many leagues can you run and what kind of DB size?

My specs would be:

i7-2670QM 2.20 ghz with turbo boost to 3.10

750 GB

8GB Ram

2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M

thanks alot for any input.

I have this exact same laptop but with 2 gigs less RAM and it runs great, currently have 31 leagues, 73,800 teams, 160,000 players and 31,000 staff and it would be a lot more if it weren't for the add/remove leagues bug which prevents me from adding more in which was my intention at the start.

I have this exact same laptop but with 2 gigs less RAM and it runs great, currently have 31 leagues, 73,800 teams, 160,000 players and 31,000 staff and it would be a lot more if it weren't for the add/remove leagues bug which prevents me from adding more in which was my intention at the start.

Thanks alot for the response! How fast do days process? especially the more seasons you progress

It's a bit hard to say objectively without getting the stopwatch out, but I'm playing FM 8 seasons in with Opera open with about 20 tabs, as well as Firefox and iTunes and it's going at a decent lick, the total CPU usage hovers around 15%, occasionally spiking to 25-30%, so it's not really being taxed by all this. The biggest slowdown has been in the save time, as the save's at >250mb right now. I just holidayed for one day on a saturday and it took 15 seconds, but I have nothing to compare it to so I don't know how that stacks up.

Do you have this laptop or are you looking at buying it?

It's a bit hard to say objectively without getting the stopwatch out, but I'm playing FM 8 seasons in with Opera open with about 20 tabs, as well as Firefox and iTunes and it's going at a decent lick, the total CPU usage hovers around 15%, occasionally spiking to 25-30%, so it's not really being taxed by all this. The biggest slowdown has been in the save time, as the save's at >250mb right now. I just holidayed for one day on a saturday and it took 15 seconds, but I have nothing to compare it to so I don't know how that stacks up.

Do you have this laptop or are you looking at buying it?

Getting it soon. Have you ever tried to holiday a year? That sounds good with 20 tabs and Itunes and still running at a nice speed! ; p

Thanks a lot for your input. Do you have the 1366x768 screen and is it ok for playing? I've heard people moaning about it quite a lot.

It's a fine machine. No problem playing lots of leagues with a large database.

I've a similar setup and I often go 40-50 seasons with loads of players, and leagues.

thanks. Sounds smooth! Have you ever tried to holiday a year to get to a later season?

Do you have the 1366x768 screen and is it ok for playing? I've heard people moaning about it quite a lot.

I play windowed as it's easier to jump between programs, but when I have used 1366x768 it's been absolutely fine, not sure what people would moan about! I keep meaning to holiday a year, I might try it sometime but haven't tried yet.

It's a great system, the best I've ever had, and I got it cheap in the boxing day sale :)

thanks. Sounds smooth! Have you ever tried to holiday a year to get to a later season?

Do you have the 1366x768 screen and is it ok for playing? I've heard people moaning about it quite a lot.

I usually start unemployed and take first offers. About 6 months.

Sometimes I don't like club, and continue on. But a year takes very little time for me. :)

I play windowed as it's easier to jump between programs, but when I have used 1366x768 it's been absolutely fine, not sure what people would moan about! I keep meaning to holiday a year, I might try it sometime but haven't tried yet.

It's a great system, the best I've ever had, and I got it cheap in the boxing day sale :)

that's great : ) The most i've played in the past has been like 7 seasons because after that it's been really slow on my other systems.

I usually start unemployed and take first offers. About 6 months.

Sometimes I don't like club, and continue on. But a year takes very little time for me. :)

that's awesome : ) And 40-50 seasons and no problems in speed or other is an FM dream lol.

Archived