Football Manager 2012 on Macbook Air

If anyone out there was like me, unsure how fm12 would run on a macbook air, I can tell you it works fine.

Ive just got a 13 inch 1.7 i5 4gb 126ssd.

System rating is 5 stars and 3d rating is 2.5

I was able to load all major leagues view only and have england, germany, italy, spain and france as playable and the game speed was 5 stars, adding large database took it down to 4.5 stars. The game flies along and there is no fan noise or heat whatsoever!

in 3d mode the game ran perfectly smooth in medium detail with all crowds etc enabled, however the fan is a bit noisy and is constantly spinning at this level during the match.

To achieve no fan noise during the 3d matches the level of detail is low with outside scenes off and stadiums and crowds also turned off.

Hope this helps anybody who is interested in getting an air but could not find any final confirmation on how the 3d in particular ran. happy to answer any questions you have

How long can your battery last when you are playing FM on those specs?

About three and a half hours but this was during the day with very low screen brightness and no backlight keys. I also noticed the game ran a little better when plugged in though.

Archived