Nvidia 540m graphics

I have read through a few threads on this on here and the common view is the card can handle the 3D match engine without problem. I however am experiencing a few problems with the quality. Its a little bit jumpy.

Should i be able to run fm 3d on full quality?

yup, did it the other day, dropped my fm 3d rating half a star.

Out of interest, how many stars does fm give you for performance?

I get 5 stars for performance, 1/2 star for speed (due to the massive number of leagues/players I have loaded)

Yeh, I have a 5 star for graphics if it wasn't clear. I get the stuttering every once in a while, but not since the latest Nvidia drivers. It might be as Romanista said, background programs.

ive seen a few of your threads about the jumpyness OP ..

defrag, close unused programs.. and generally sort your system out .. its not the graphics card..

what processor you on?

Are you sure? I don't remember saying about graphics before. Also, this is a brand new laptop! It's a i7 2670qm with 8gig and as I say a 540m gpu.

I find that when it's set on high quality it's very sticky in match. I was just wondering if this is what i should expect from a mid rang mobile gpu.

Are you sure? I don't remember saying about graphics before. Also, this is a brand new laptop! It's a i7 2670qm with 8gig and as I say a 540m gpu.

I find that when it's set on high quality it's very sticky in match. I was just wondering if this is what i should expect from a mid rang mobile gpu.

Is it a dell xps 15?

It could be your Optimus system that doesn't use the dedicated graphic card when it sees FM, but use the onboard chip instead. That chip may not perform well on high settings. Optimus has been notoriously tricky for many, so far. Find a way to force your machine to use the dedicated card, if possible.

• 7 months later...

Archived