feeder club

I ask board to find feeder club to secure 1st option for young talent and give them power to choose their own.but they can,t make any choise and after give them power to choose their own it happening all t time they dnt even ask me to choose my own.in that case about 10 to 12 young talent in my squad unable to find firts team experience.bcs as i m playing with chelsea all game are for me as a final game so i have enough talent in my 1st option what can i do plz help

I understood him. The board can't locate a feeder club. Once the option becomes available again just look for a lower level team and the option to add as a feeder club should be available on their overview or thereabouts. You still need to research the team to make sure they have no parent club and aren't a past rival, plus I believe they need adequate facilities for the board to agree.

Reputation is a major factor as well. Your feeder club needs to have a noticeably lower reputation in order for it to work. That shouldn't generally be an issue with Chelsea of course, but you may just be overreaching a bit.

Not having an existing parent club with a link of the same type that you are trying to create helps a lot, but is not necessarily a must. My favorite affiliate moment was when Zagreb agreed to become a feeder for my Southampton club, and terminated their link with Besiktas to do so =) They also have Inter as a parent club, so there's room for more than one. It does make it harder, though.

About 12 years ago in my current FM save I felt I didn't have enough feeder clubs, and I had many youth I wanted developed to a high level. Well, long story short, I took charge of Leeds (then in the Championship) simultaneously, in order to manage my own feeder club as it were.

A couple years later I was offered the Sevilla job (for my achievements with Leeds, mainly 7th place in Prem, and Europa League 1/4final the next year) and took it. So at that moment Sevilla became Juventus' (my main club) feeder!

It was great because players my Italian rivals wouldn't sell to me they would still sell to Sevilla, and players their rivals wouldn't sell to them, Juventus could buy! But mainly because of the facilities, budget and reputation, it allowed me the opportunity to develop players to a high standard.

I've made a few transfers back and forth, for a while it was mainly to Juve's benefit, as I would move a top player over to Juventus (for market value) but only youngsters would really go the other way. But now after some really talented veterans have started asking for a new challenge I realized its perfect for that as well! Give the veterans a 'Spanish holiday' as it were, and that way at least they don't go to a rival team, and act as the final piece of the puzzle for a Man U, Inter, Real Madrid, Man City, etc.

I just had 4 players turn 31, and normally thats about when I would cut them loose, but most of them I have looked after since they were 19! And they are still top top players, each of them, so 2 ended up being renewed (and will play more as squad players next season), one was transferred to Sevilla (a 31 y.o. mid who is top of his game for a 22 y.o. mid who is very quick, but still learning the game) and one was cut loose.

I am damn glad thats not 4 top class players that have been added to rival squads though, I will say that!

I understood him. The board can't locate a feeder club. Once the option becomes available again just look for a lower level team and the option to add as a feeder club should be available on their overview or thereabouts. You still need to research the team to make sure they have no parent club and aren't a past rival, plus I believe they need adequate facilities for the board to agree.

You're missing the point Andrew. I understood him, but we simply don't want text-speak to start dominating this forum's presentation style.

Archived