My God this Assistant Manager

2012050800003.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

38 wins, 38 games played. I didn't do anything except scout the lads, sign 'em, give them some (mighty fine) coaches and tell my Assistant Manager to look after them! I noticed maybe a dozen games into the season the U20s were on a nice run, which is not unusual, but usually they record a loss or couple draws when 80% of the team disappears for international duty in mid August/September.

I agree with eplkewell. I get nearly the same kind of dominance with my Arsenal youth team, leaving it to a capable youth coach to manage. (But with my 1.st team tactics). Even easier to get good prospects if you use FMScout or similar ;) I think my youth team has won their league every year, and I'm in 2018 in my current save. I havent't looked too closely on their league table every season, but there has been a very small amount of lost matches, and league wins by a large margin, every year.

I think I will be rating his feedback during matches a little more highly from now on :)

Like I said, I can't even really take the credit, as it was left to the Assistant Manager to manage the team and decide tactics, but I will take credit for signing the AM, as he was unemployed with no reputation (newgen) when I fired Alessandro Del Piero (club legend) and hired him. And I will take credit for going through hundreds of scouting reports, of course!

With 2 games left in the U20s season I was considering calling up the team's young star striker, to reward him for his fantastic season, but when I noticed it was just 2 games from a perfect season I decided not to tempt fate and let him play with his mates!

I (or rather, my assistant manager) did this on FM10:

11sj9c7.jpg

Didn't concede a single goal, you did play 14 more games than me though. I think 6 of the 11 players of that side went on to play for my first team regularly, 5 of them came through my own youth system too.

Archived