Problems with the Indian league + player demands

I have to say, this is the worst league I've played so far on any version of Football Manager. The game appears to operate on a 'one-size-fits-all' basis, where players are always looking to progress and join bigger clubs - which, I suppose is fair enough. The problem, however, is when a player moans incessantly, despite me offering them to clubs and transfer listing them. What does this have to do with the Indian league, I hear you asking? Well, the reputation of the players is so low that NO bigger clubs want to sign them. As soon as you become the best club in India - a feat that can be achieved with some ease due to the poor talent - nobody can afford/attract your better players. As a result, the player will refuse to sign a new contract and will eventually be released on a free. Very soon, this becomes a catch-22 situation where you are constantly losing your best players after 4-5 years (at the age of just 21-22) because they have bigger ambitions. In my current save, I managed to sell a player (easily worth £13 million+ by AI standards) for £550,000 to a French club. The player is an exceptional, once-in-a-generation player and I struggled to sell him on, so what chance do I have with the other players? None.

And then we focus on the big problem.

mUbDN.jpg

w8Miy.jpg

ubCrt.jpg

Any form of success will adversely impact your team. My team had to play 9 matches in 21 days, including 2 matches in 2 days. The problem is, the game hasn't been coded to move the fixtures and allow your team an adequate period of rest and, so, they just pile the matches together. If you don't have to contend with an obscene number of matches, then you will have to make do without the majority of your squad during the actual season. I think most teams would be challenged if they were forced to play 6 matches without their usual players. Without being dramatic, I am a victim of my own success. Thanks to my development of good Indian players, most of them get called up to one of the various squads. Instantly, this is giving my opponents a huge advantage over me.

Firstly, i'd like to congratulate you on actually trying to work in the India league. Personally, I don't see why SI have to implement the Indian league in the game, you can't buy players from there and the players from there are pretty dire.

With you situation, I can't think of any country that would buy players from India (Have you heard of any decent Indian players?), but I assume the players that leave your club either don't go to a new club or retire really early?

The only Indian player that seems to leave India (I have the league loaded, playable) is Sunil Chettri. I have always wanted to manage there but if this is how bad it is then I won't bother.

On the plus side I have seen regen Indian players move to Russia, Ukraine.

• 1 year later...

The reason the fixtures are all bunched together in February is because you've chosen Hindustan who start in the Delhi Senior League/Indian 2nd Division and thats how the fixtures are scheduled!

My club, Garhwal FC (probably Garhwal Heroes FC) won't be playable but fair play for going my local rivals!

What are the players wages like in the game?

I am playing FM11 in the Indian League and there is a lot of talent who moves abroad. I didnt come across those other issues mentioned either, maybe thats because its FM11. I can definately recommend the Indian League in that older version of the game :)

You can find my India career save story here and check for yourself:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/382493-Kontermann-in-Punjab-An-Indian-career

I am playing FM11 in the Indian League and there is a lot of talent who moves abroad. I didnt come across those other issues mentioned either, maybe thats because its FM11. I can definately recommend the Indian League in that older version of the game :)

You can find my India career save story here and check for yourself:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/382493-Kontermann-in-Punjab-An-Indian-career

The OP was playing FM11 in the original post ;)

Really? Where does he write that?? If I have overread it, sorry for that. Anyway I don´t have the problems he seems to have :eek:

He doesn't but the post was made 9th May 2012.

Actually that means he was probably playing FM12 not FM11, my mistake.

Archived