Incredible Title/Relegation Battles!

Has anyone had any particularly special title or relegation battles on any of their saves?

I'm about to go into this one on mine. Last day of the season and any one of FOUR teams could win the league. Relegation is so tight as well, it's going to be incredible!

1a1756d43c316e7ee48456f6b3e638da.png?1336438522

I had a pretty lucky escape from relegation in League 2 I think, with Hyde. Last day of the season we were in the top relegation spot and 3 teams above me were within a point. If I remember correctly I think we drew the game and ended up level with another team on points but fortunately we had a greater goal difference.

Then we got promoted the season afterwards! :lol:

What year are you in? I'm struggling to understand why Roma are fighting relegation and Inter are languishing at the bottom.

I'm in 2016/17. I joined Genoa about a quarter of the way into the season so I'm not too sure what's gone on as I only followed Serie A loosely before I came. Inter won 2 titles then dropped down a bit but this is their worst season so far. They sacked Donadoni after only 5 months. Roma have been poor for the last 3 seasons, finishing in the bottom half. Not sure why though, would have to look into it.

I just have avoided relegation on the final day of the seasons for the past 2 seasons in a row in my save. Both times I was 1-2 points ahead of the final spot going into the last day. 1st season I won to stay up, 2nd we both lost so I stayed up. Not really epic or anything, nervous times though. I am in the Blue Square South so relegation effectively means we no longer exist the next season and I have no job!

I am envious of the OP's save game! I wish I could be competing for a title with under 2 points per match played. Instead, I need to be around 2.5 points per match to have any shot at winning. How did you keep your league from getting too top heavy?

I'm in 2016/17. I joined Genoa about a quarter of the way into the season so I'm not too sure what's gone on as I only followed Serie A loosely before I came. Inter won 2 titles then dropped down a bit but this is their worst season so far. They sacked Donadoni after only 5 months. Roma have been poor for the last 3 seasons, finishing in the bottom half. Not sure why though, would have to look into it.

How did you get on? Can you post a screenie of the final table?

I once had a hotseat game with 2 friends in which any one of 5 teams, including all 3 of us, could win the title on the last day after a tense battle all season long. Unfortunately, one of the AI teams won it.

How did you get on? Can you post a screenie of the final table?

Yeah, here you go. Finished 2nd unfortunately. I forgot to mention Torino were playing Fiorentina to make it even more huge! At one point they were drawing and us and Juve were winning, putting the top 4 teams all on 73 points. We'd have won it on the head to head rule. Just a crazy day all round.

c7d744eea6130771588828934d963b55.png?1336440726

When I joined them in November they were 12th and wanted Europe so I'm delighted with Champions League next season. Only lost 2 games in the league since then! Still, it shows how tight it was that we even managed to get up there.

I am envious of the OP's save game! I wish I could be competing for a title with under 2 points per match played. Instead, I need to be around 2.5 points per match to have any shot at winning. How did you keep your league from getting too top heavy?

I honestly don't know. Like I say above, I only came to Italy this season after 5 and a half seasons with Coventry City. It seems there was no stand-out team and quite a few teams who were around the same level and everyone was beating each other.

Archived