Players should explain their red card offense

If my player with 8 aggression elbow someone in the face in the 3rd minute, I want him to explain to me why he did it.

If my backup player, who doesn't get a lot of games, decide to 2-foot lunge someone in the 20th minute of an FA Cup game against a team 2 division below us, I want to know why he did it.

I want to know if it was an accident. I want to know if he was provoked. Did the other player insulted his mother? I want to know why he did what he did.

Right now, red cards just feel like a "shyte happens, deal with it" kind of event.

And then give us more varied options to deal with it. Right now, I just fine the players, bringing down their aggression hopefully.

Not that it's a bad idea, but I think it would just be another addition requiring to hit continue 1 more time. An unnecessary luxury feature for me. I don't really care why a player does something, when a match is over, I'm on to the next one.

At the moment

Warning = Yellow+Yellow

1 week fine = Straight Red card (pro foul)

2 week fine = Violent Behaviour

Should the game progress (auto continue) and you've neglected to distribute the punishment = unhappy players

I don't believe this should be the way.

It should be perhaps your mantra - some "club rules" for discipline with predetermined discipline

Double Yellow Card = Warning

Persistent Double Yellow Card [x] amount = 1 week fine

Suspension due to Yellow Card offenses = 1 week fine

Red Card, professional foul = 1 week fine

Red Card, violent behaviour = 2 week fine

Night out before training/match, unprofessional behaviour = 2 week fine

Speaking to press (want-aways), unprofessional behaviour = 1 week fine

A few more I can't really think of right now.

There should also be an option to Fine someone more - or perhaps suspend a player from the club if they are constantly being sent off for violent behaviour.

I'd also like to see a backlash from fans if a player is constantly being suspended (see Mario Ballotelli)

Definitely, there should be something more substantial than what's on offer at the moment.

Archived