Creative parents

I'm currently managing in India and I've stumbled upon a new situation. I believe that two are twins, for the obvious reason that they share the same birthday, but I'm unsure whether the third one is related. The regens don't have each other as favoured personnel, but what are the chances of having three players with the same name?

U2hEo.jpg

KQjck.jpg

Aaybk.jpg

1alaI.jpg

i don't believe regens can be related in FM. but my best explanation is probably the "regen names database" for India is probably small so the chances for multiple regen players to have the same name would be higher than other nationalities

SI probably slacked off with researching Indian names :p

either that or it's a bug

Nope, grow up with 3 older brothers you'll see why.

Haha!

--

I think its a glitch in the Matrix.. relating to the name database, iv personally never seen this happen.

That would be cool if it really happen, One thing that I know can happen is having your son come up through the youth ranks, I believe there was thread about it a while ago, I seen it happen as well on one of my saved games even tho it was another manager. Marco Van Basten was managing Milan and while I was scouting the new youth intakes Milan had a kid name Roberto van Basten come through, he had Van basten as his favorite staff with dual dutch and Italian nationality.

i don't believe regens can be related in FM. but my best explanation is probably the "regen names database" for India is probably small so the chances for multiple regen players to have the same name would be higher than other nationalities

They probably aren't related, however regens can be related in the game, I've seen it before. However, you'd see that they'd have eachother in favoured personnel.

I would agree with this.

I once managed in Swaziland and had about 16 players with the same last name, 6 of those had the same first name as well. It was very confusing when picking my team.

I'm sure i've seen a regen cousin or half-brother.

An english created player had a player pop up at his club with same last name and the only player in his favoured personnel was the created player.

The reason I say they are not full brothers because their b'days are 7 months apart.

I have a regen called Michal Kolar who lists another regen with the same surname as favoured personnel and vice versa.

i don't believe regens can be related in FM.

Yep I'm sure they can and i've seen it happen in FM 10. I had a long running save with Porto and i stumbled across a player from Africa who was young regen with good attributes so i signed him up and also i noticed in the same team was a player with the same name called "Otieno" i think it was and they had each other listed as favoured personnel and born in the same place. I signed both of them, one of them was crap but still i liked the thought of signing them both if they were brothers.

Reading have had two players called Josh Webb and three called Simon Cox come through their academy in recent years. This has led to a great deal of confusion as the older Josh Webb (both are central midfielders) is the son of Neil Webb (formerly of Reading, Man United and England). Naturally people confuse the two. The second Simon Cox is the Ireland international at West Brom, the other two are centre backs though.

Hmmm, quite the coincidence for 3 players in one team to have the same names. Although, as the title of the article suggests, why would parent give twins or triplets the exact same name!?

Not quite twins, but George Foreman has 5 sons, all called George Edward Foreman, plus a daughter called Georgetta and another daughter whose middle name is George.

Archived