"Valuable first team player".... Never gets played

I just loaned out one of my promising younger players (20) to another club, I only accepted 2/8 loan offers as they were the only ones which stated he would be a valuable first team player. Come January he has played in ZERO games, not even coming on as a sub.

Surely a valuable first team player would at least get some game time?

Does this happen often? What do they do with players they loan as 'cover for the first team'... Put them in reserves?

That's annoying but I'm afraid they have every right to lie in order to get their offer accepted ;)

I assume the role of the player which is indicated is made according to a calculation by the game which takes the player's CA against the CA of the other club's current players into respect. But CAs can alter either way and maybe there is a deficiency in the calculation with respect to tactics. Could it be that the natural position of the player is not at all or just once available in the tactical set-up of the other club?

Sometimes, at least in Fm2011, dont know about 12, a club make loan offers for a player in a position they do not use, and say this player will be a valuable member of the first team as a result - because he would be the best player in that position. Of course, since they do not use that position the player doesn't get any games.

It's a mess, I know, them paying for a player they have no intention of ever using, but it does seem to happen, and it may be the cause of your woes.

Sometimes, at least in Fm2011, dont know about 12, a club make loan offers for a player in a position they do not use, and say this player will be a valuable member of the first team as a result - because he would be the best player in that position. Of course, since they do not use that position the player doesn't get any games.

It's a mess, I know, them paying for a player they have no intention of ever using, but it does seem to happen, and it may be the cause of your woes.

Why the hell would a team loan a player who plays a position they have no intention of using? The AI is ******** at times.

What you can do: Include a "recall-clause" when you offer out the player for loan.

What I wish we could also do: Set a "minimum amount of matches clause", so if they don't play him, say 10 matches, they have to pay a compensation or pay his wages or something. I know it would be hard to implement (what if the player gets injured or banned for the last matchdays and still needs a few matches) but I think this would make loaning out players worthwile again.

What you can do: Include a "recall-clause" when you offer out the player for loan.

This is what I do, as I have noticed the same thing as the OP. When it gets to the January window I check out all my players who are on loan, and any that I don't feel are playing enough get recalled.

I used to loan my players to my affiliates so that I could avoid these types of issues. Of course, now my players think they're too good to go play at my affiliates and reject all those loans. Makes me want to loan them to Siberia.

I only loan out my players to clubs who when they make the offer say what kind of squad status he will have in there squad.

All loan offers state what squad status the player will have. The issue people have is that the AI will say 'player x will be a valuable first team player' but then he rarely/never plays for them.

What I wish we could also do: Set a "minimum amount of matches clause", so if they don't play him, say 10 matches, they have to pay a compensation or pay his wages or something. I know it would be hard to implement (what if the player gets injured or banned for the last matchdays and still needs a few matches) but I think this would make loaning out players worthwile again.

I would have liked that instead of the manager sending out emails and faxes to every club in existence, throwing out the line in the hope that someone bites, the player's agent would do his damn job so that I could tell him to find his client a suitable loan club because he won't get first team experience this season/half a season/month.

And since the alternative is unacceptable for the player, coming back with "couldn't find a suitable club" shouldn't be an option. He'd return with a club, either in a day or in 6 months if that is what it takes. And the player would go there. And it would be a club in which he plays football at a level which he handles well. And we should be able to follow his training progress just like if he was at the club.

Always thoroughly check a club out before sending a player on loan there. Not just the facilities, staff, tactics, etc, scout the players he will be competing for a place with and make sure you compare your player to them. You can then make an educated guess as to whether he will get game time no matter what status the loaning club are offering.

Archived