Best player you have been offered by another Club that is just too good to be true??

In my second season (2012/2013) with West Ham and am on the up in the Premiership after a shaky start but still only 13th. Just got to January and Man United have just offered me Phil Jones for 5.25 Million. Board has given me a bit extra as I have kept finances tight so lovely jubbly I'll have some of that!! Offered him a contract at a reasonable 45 K per week and it looks like he is going to sign. I can only imagine United don't want to sell him to a rival but it's the most incredible offer of another player I think I have ever had in FM. Totally unrealistic but who cares!!!!

What was your best surprise offer out of the blue that you just bit their hand off?

its poor programming by SI. whenever a team decide to sell a player, they transfer list him at his value even though teams would be willing to play double that, in your case 5.25. then poor AI comes into play where no AI team is interested in the player despite the great price for value.

FM11 I got offered CR7, I was playing as Barcelona in the first January transfer window - best 30m I ever spent.

Playing as Arsenal i was offered Mesut Ozil for 15m.

I am with Dortmund now - got offered Guiseppe Rossi for €40m.

But the best deal I ever got, playing as Leeds, got offered Gareth Bale for €15m (previous season Spurs were turning down 80m offers).

Tried to buy Lukaku for £25 million in FM 11, but Madrid offered the same and he went to them.

Next season they offered me him for £4.5 million, and he scored the winner against them in the champions league!

Also, on FM12 Chelsea offered me Kakuta for £2.4 million, he had quality potential and had four seasons for me where he was top assister for me every season. Moved him on for £15 million to Lyon afterwards.

Real Madrid offered me a regen striker called Ivan Perez for £7.5m, i looked at his stats and for an 18 year old he looked very promising, sent my scouts out and they came back with 4.5 star ratings for him (against the likes of Fierro and Sanogo who in 2017 where my strike partnership).

Ever since then i have had the likes of Barcelona, Inter, PSG (2 times CL winners now) and Man Utd all offering £25m+ for him.

He has scored 91 goals in 60 starts and 40 sub appearances.

On FM10/11 (whichever one had moneybags Notts County in it) I was offered Nabil el Zhar, Nicky Maynard and Wojciech Szcsesny by the first January. Needless to say being in League 2 I bit everyone's arm off.

Also as FC Zwolle I was offered Huntelaar on a free at age 34 by Arsenal. Asked for a lot in wages but he scored the winning goals in 4 finals for me in 2 years. Became an icon.

its poor programming by SI. whenever a team decide to sell a player, they transfer list him at his value even though teams would be willing to play double that, in your case 5.25. then poor AI comes into play where no AI team is interested in the player despite the great price for value.

Actually I don't see anything wrong with this. If a club chooses to transfer list a player why would you pay an inflated fee for someone they don't want. When players on the other hand request a transfer invariably the asking price is over and above their valuation, why, because the club may not want to lose the player but if they have to, then they want to profit from it.

Actually I don't see anything wrong with this. If a club chooses to transfer list a player why would you pay an inflated fee for someone they don't want. When players on the other hand request a transfer invariably the asking price is over and above their valuation, why, because the club may not want to lose the player but if they have to, then they want to profit from it.

I'm a bit more baffled really by the fact that only 6 months into the second season programming allows United to offload Phil Jones at all. Ashley Young is unsettlede as well but I can't afford the 8 million. Maybe 3 or 4 years down the line I could understand but whilst I am not complaining it seems a bit odd.

One I can remember is Aaron Ramsey (23 years of age at the time) being offered to me by Arsenal for about 4 million (Euro) in FM10. For some odd reason they were not playing him and kept refusing to give him a new contract while his current one was close to expiring. I was playing as Burnley and it was the best 4 million I ever spent. Ramsey went on to become a legend for the club.

I was offered Rooney who was at the end of his career on a free by his agent in FM11 while I was with Reading in the Championship. He scored over 20 goals to lead us back to the Premier League, played another season, and then become a coach at the club!

In FM2010, I was playing Juventus and was offered Lionel Messi about three seasons in, for £39.5M.

Apparently he was furious that Barca had decided to sell Gabriel Milito, and wanted to leave :D

Archived