new positions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fm God:

if i trained a player in a certain position for long enough would he become a natural in that position? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. Accomplished is highest he will reach. But that's still more than good enough.

I think if a player plays in a certain position for a certain amont of games then they should improve their positional ability in that posistion i.e a natural left midfielder plays 50 games at left wing then the player should then be accomplished as a left winger

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frogface:

I think if a player plays in a certain position for a certain amont of games then they should improve their positional ability in that posistion i.e a natural left midfielder plays 50 games at left wing then the player should then be accomplished as a left winger </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will improve quicker by playing in the position, but you have to train them to play there as well. They can't learn a new position simply by playing there.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me, or if you stop training a player in a new position does he "forget" how to play there? IIRC, I've trained players to new positions, up to an "accomplished" level, which has downgraded to competent a few weeks/months after I stopped him training there. Is this normal?

Yeah that's normal, because as it's not their natural position they forget how to play in it, so you just have to keep that as their new position.

I do remember in 07, or it might have been in 06, I would always buy Adu who was an accomplished AML but then when I retrained him there as new position, he gained a natural status after a couple of game weeks.

Archived