I dont understand how transfers work in this game

Whenever i try to buy a player from a top club during off season,they always ask for a ridiculous amount of money.Take for example my latest case :

I try to sign Raphael from United all summer long,they kept asking for 80-90 million euros.As soon as the transfer window is closed and September hits,i bough him for 21 millions.And this happens a lot,whats the logic behind this?Just seems stupid to me.

Simple, they don't want to sell him.

As OohAahCantona said you probably didn't read the post.If they didn't want to sell him,they wouldn't have sold him to me in September.I can start using the player in december,so a few months of waiting makes no difference to me,also why sell him for such a huge discount?

I did.

He offered money, Man Utd countered with a high price because they didn't want to sell several times over the course of the summer.

One or more things then happened to cause Man Utd to rethink their position and agree to the sale, some of which are:

A) Raphael became unsettled and wanted to move, he possibly also had a short amount of time left on his contract.

B) Man Utd signed another player which meant Raphael became available.

C) It was after the transfer window closed so he won't move until January.

D) Man Utd possibly needed to improve their financial position after spending during the transfer window.

I did.

He offered money, Man Utd countered with a high price because they didn't want to sell several times over the course of the summer.

One or more things then happened to cause Man Utd to rethink their position and agree to the sale, some of which are:

A) Raphael became unsettled and wanted to move, he possibly also had a short amount of time left on his contract.

B) Man Utd signed another player which meant Raphael became available.

C) It was after the transfer window closed so he won't move until January.

D) Man Utd possibly needed to improve their financial position after spending during the transfer window.

no,no,no,no.

Also to explain C,yes he will move in January cause u can choose next transfer window or end of the season.

Manchester United would bite the hand off anyone who offers them €80m for Rafael. He's worth nowhere near that amount and they would be able to strengthen the entire squad.

Especially since we've been linked with the likes of Nathaniel Clyne.

That's not what he offered, that's what Manchester wanted for the player!
Oops...

It's a fairly stupid starting point to start negotiating from, of course. It would harm future business because it smacks of not dealing in good faith.

If you offer x and man utd demands y. Then usually you can buy him for z = (x+y)/2. And some times a bit less.

Yes you can literally see a bid of 10 being countered with a demand of 20, then your counter-offer is 12 and they answer with 18, 14 then 16 and then you agree on 15. However, sometimes if you just go straight for 15 they would want 18 anyways.

As for the OP: the AI's transfer logic isn't exactly strategic. It doesn't take too much time and effort to become better than the AI in that part of the game.

Archived