What has been your...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

winning all six trophies available to me on 2 consecutive occassions with Celtic

Champions League

Euro Super Cup

Intercontinental Club Championship (or whatever it's called)

SPL

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

I had a all scottish squad and most of my first choice players were first pick for scotland

Winning the 2066 UEFA Cup with Aberdeen.

I've won 18 chamions league titles, but that UEFA cup was my greatest achievement.

It was the first time I'd qualified for the UEFA cup in over 50 years. Not because I'm great - in that time I've had CL qualification, failed to qualify for europe and even failed to get through the Inter toto cup. In fact, when I say I 'qualified' for it, i mean I wa knoked out of Champions League 3rd round qualification by GAK.

It's the first european trophy I've won with Aberdeen, which is the team I support, and the team I started the game with.

Typically, I build up my club's squad to greatness before I challenge for europe. This one was special, because I did it as massive underdogs, but yet it didn't feel like luck (as it did on my solitary world cup win)

The final score was Aberdeen 2-1 Real Madrid.

The closeness of the score made it feel like a particular achievement. We only scors he winner in the 88th minute, so it was a very exciting match.

And finally, we looked pretty much written off from the start. Going into the match, I didn't have a single avaliable centre back, even in the reserves. Even the rubbish under-21 guy that I brought in on a free when it looked like this might be a problem got injured.

Although my two defensive midfielders tracking back looked very shaky, especially on the counter, we managed to pull through.

I was very happy.

Wiining the quad with Man Utd in the 2014/5 season - winning all but 10 games in all competitions and remaining unbeaten for the whole season scoring 195 goals (105 in the PL).

Best part - average age of squad just 24!

Had a clear out of the Man Utd squad 2 seasons earlier - out went Cech, Evra, Tevez, Carick, Moutinho, J Cole, Hargreaves, Brown, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Evans, Fletcher, Dawson and most importantly - Cristiano Ronaldo.

Brought in all my aquired youth and regen players from the previous 4/5 years as well as picking up some top quality youth players - 1st season almost got sacked as we just managed to finish in 4th on goal difference, went out of all cup competitions too early and faced multiple fan revolts as sale after sale of top talent - but the reward the following season was massive.

winning the league first season as aberdeen on fm 05 with only one signing of note Dwight Pezzerossi on free worst moment the next season when the board sold pezzarossi for £5.25M even worse the didnt give me much to strenghten with and eve even even worse it was celtic who was runner up the previous season he went to icon_frown.gif

Guest trembo7

I took over birmingham 4th season. they were bottem of the prem with 11 points after 29 matches 12 points of second bottem and 18 points off saftey. managed to beat chelsea 3-2 (last minute goal on final day of sason to keep them up icon14.gif

Getting Sheffield United to the Premier League and finishing second in the 6th season.

So far this season I'm unbeaten in the league and six points clear. However I got knocked out of the Champions League but I'm in the Uefa Cup and on course to win the FA cup

probably my early 07 career. first promotion and europe in consecutive seasons at Ipswich, then pulling out of a run of mid-table seasons to win the league completely out of the blue (wasn't even a contender until november when suddenly the team, which was in midtable, started on an amazing autumn run to take them to the top and never looked back) despite losing both games(and the LC final) to rivals arsenal, still managed to win before the final day, then came back to mid-table and the inevitable sacking, so to Verona, just in time to get them promoted to serie A in the play-offs (my first games in charge), first season also in europe but unlike Ipswich they consistently stayed there, a few seasons later came top, and did it again the following season before the inevitable drop in form and sacking.

Taking Sheff Wed from league 1 to winning the champions league despite being saddled with a £25m debt, winning all divisions on the way and numerous FA and League cups, charity shields. My final season was particularly satisfying as I had to completely rebuild the side as some of my supposedly world class players had flopped spectacularly the season before. The only ones that got away were the UEFA cup and the Johnstones paint trophy...damn you Chesterfield!

My most memorable moment was fm08.. winning the league cup three times on the trot with bolton wanderers.. this is the only trophy so far i have managed to win, taking them to fa cup and uefa cup semi finals... debating on whether to knight myself with a nickname hahaha

In FM08, with the amount of leagues available, I've managed to do a "world tour" of sorts.

I can proudly say that I've now won a top league title in each continent - Europe, North/Central America, South America, Asia, Oceania, Africa.

My next challenge is to win a continental "Champions League" in each.

In terms of quantities of trophies won, perhaps not my biggest achievement, but certainly the most enjoyable.

I've obviously won the league and everything with Chelsea but that isn't such an achievement...

Right now I'm doing a career game as MK Dons. Its 2014 and I have't been sacked, despite only being promoted once and being relegated straight away. Result!!

On FM07 I took Wolves from the championship to the upper end of the Premiership table...then 08 came out. Wolves fired me on this one. icon_frown.gif

I have only played FM since 07 and I really haven't achieved anything yet (note: not because I'm unexperienced, but because I'm rubbish).

But the first trophy is within reach with Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade). Oh, and I qualified for the Champions League with Arsenal, Sevilla and Celtic in my group so that did not turn out so well.

Nothing much really. But I'm really enjoying the game, and 8.0.2 icon14.gif

typical saint fan!!!! lol

haha valur!!

also i have got west brom from christmas when i took over to the premership and in my first season got them into the champions league via finishing 2nd!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

winning all six trophies available to me on 2 consecutive occassions with Celtic

Champions League

Euro Super Cup

Intercontinental Club Championship (or whatever it's called)

SPL

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

I had a all scottish squad and most of my first choice players were first pick for scotland </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

by any chance did scotland fail in euro/ world cup ?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fdc123:

best ever achivement on football manager???

Just wondering whats the best ever achivement!

My best ever would be my torquay one where i got them from league to to the championship promotion places! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winning the Champions League with Carshalton Athletic. icon14.gif

Three top achievements

- a fourteen-game unbeaten streak (13W, 1 D) with Toronto FC, quit that job and went to...

- Carlisle, took them from League 1 to Premiership in consecutive seasons, half of my team were freebies

- never been fired, always resigned before getting the sack icon_biggrin.gif

I won the Club World Championship thing with an A-League club on FM2007.

I won the A-League with Newcastle Jets then won the Asian Champions League to qualify for the CWC. I was just happy to make some money from it. Beat DC United first 2-0, then had 2 similar games against Sao Paulo in the semis and Man United in the final. In both of those games I was awarded a penalty and had an opposition player sent off in the 1st 10 minutes, held on to win the semi 1-0 but Rooney equalised in the final and it went to extra time and penalties and I won on penalties. I couldn't believe it, jumped out of my chair and let out a massive '**** yeah'. icon_biggrin.gif

This year in FM08 I haven't achieved too much, waiting around for patches and stuff meant not as much playing time. Got a few years into a career game but it started going a bit too slow so I started again with less leagues. I wanted to get a few years into the game quickly so I applied for the Nigeria job and have just managed them for the first couple of seasons so far. I won the African Cup of Nations for the 1st time in my FM life. Will probably apply for club jobs after I've taken Nigeria to the WC.

perfectseasonjx8.th.jpg

Was bricking it in the final few games. The thought of winning 35 or 37 and losing or drawing one was awful, like being in a relegation battle. But all turned out for the best. Best season I've ever had on any FM/Champ-man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

Knocking Brazil out of the World Cup, and ultimatly finishing 3rd, with Ghana. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All my most memorable achievements have been in the WC as well. Managing clubs its just a matter of time and money before you start winning, WC its like preparing for years and comes down to tactics over anything else.

My most memorable was simply getting out of the group stage with Congo, not Congo DR but Congo. I don't remember who we lost to but I believe it was Spain, and we lost badly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OzY_Gooner:

signing c.ronaldo for arsenal from man utd for 81mill icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You disgust me. icon_razz.gif

Mine would be winning all the trophies available to me with Blackburn in 2034. Then doing it again the season after icon_biggrin.gif

I love braggin threads icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

Knocking Brazil out of the World Cup, and ultimatly finishing 3rd, with Ghana. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming 2nd in wc 2010 with Cameroon, beat argentina in semis, lost 3-2 to Brazil in the final icon_frown.gif Won CAN

won WC with Brazil

Treble with arsenal and getting WBA to Champions league.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived