My team has lost the plot....any suggestions?

Hey guys, im managing West Ham in the EPL and have run into some issues. Ill start by explaining the team's situation

1st Season -Won the Championship

2nd Season - 10th in EPL really positive signs

3rd season it started getting strange, after a brilliant start my team went on to win 3 out of the last 17 games or so to finish the season. I managed to finish in 10th again due to the fantastic start however cracks were starting to emerge

I have just started my 4th season with 3 losses...getting comfortably beaten by Man United, then losing to Everton despite dominating, but now iv hit my low point...losing 3-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates however the manner of the defeat was a disgrace... 33 shots to 2...they also MISSED 2 penalties, hit the woodwork multiple times, the score could have been anything.

Basically after this low point im now unsure what to do, my team has enough quality to be challenging for a EUROPA spot and iv been changing tactics over the last half season and whatnot looking desperately for an answer. My players continue to be "motivated and fired up" but the lads are just failing to deliver.

Any suggestions? would you say its tactical or just a form issue. Has this happenend to anyone else before? I understand form goes up and down but for the 2nd half of a season + the start of this season my team has just been so dismal

Tactical leading to poor form most likely. It seems that the other teams now realise your threat and have perhaps started to counter attack rather than attacking you. I start in the championship and I evolve my tactic a little bit each season because of this. Don't keep switching though unless you know why and what you are doing it for.

What is your tactic like? I would guess fairly attack minded as that is similar to what I have witnessed in my own save. Consider going with a counter or standard philosophy and keeping it simple, at least until your form picks up. Take pressure off with teamtalks and consider bringing a squad player into the starting line-up if you have an older head with a good personality. You have done pretty well so far in your save so you are probably not that far off turning it back round.

Edit - Just though I'd add that, for me at least, making the transition from mid-table in the Premier league to a top european side is one the hardest steps to take.

Archived