Players of nationalities you would never sign for a position

Kameni is a decent goalkeeper from Cameroon.

Why would it matter if the player fits in with the type you would expect from that nationality? Brazil aren't known for their centre backs, but would you turn down Lucio?

What's wrong with African goalkeepers?

Richard Kingson (Wigan), Carlos Kameni (Espanyol) and Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Lille) are examples of African goalkeepers who have played at the highest level of club football.

If they're good enough, they're good enough.

What's wrong with African goalkeepers?

Richard Kingson (Wigan), Carlos Kameni (Espanyol) and Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Lille) are examples of African goalkeepers who have played at the highest level of club football.

If they're good enough, they're good enough.

Totally agree. :thup:

im sorry kriss.. but you're wrong... regardless of the OP asking for a position... its casual racism lol ..

its like asking which ' which nationalities would you never hire to do a certain role in your company?'

laughable

also...

El-hadary, Copa, Ovono, Tony sylva...

all other african keepers who can play for top flight teams

I have a top class Senegalese GK, not the tallest, or the greatest jumper, but great mentality, great shotstopper, and great communicator.

I don't have any nationalities to avoid, but I did notice that my defenders are often Argentine, and my midfielders are often Brazilian! I remember signing a young Dutch CB, 1.90m and great in the air. I was disappointed he wasn't better with the ball at his feet because he is Dutch, despite him being a CB :)

I have a Nigerian regen keeper on my game who's the best in the world and performs great. I would never turn a player down just based on their nationality, its completely stupid.

Same here. I had a goalie from Guinea who was World Class, I wouldn't ever consider nationality when signing a player.

Brazilian wing-backs. Spanish playmakers. Argentina forwards. German keepers. French holding midfielders. Italian centre-backs. Portuguese wingers. Dutch target-men. All completely rubbish.

hahaa..

the funny thing is ... the new regen system is exactly like this...

they spread attributes depending on a nations style of play...

you will end up with a gazillion brilliant technical brazilians who cant defend... and a load of over aggressive italians etc

im sorry kriss.. but you're wrong... regardless of the OP asking for a position... its casual racism lol ..

Nationalities arent races and thus this isnt an issue of racism. It could be seen as bigotry however.

I disagree wholeheartedly! If in my opinion Africa, as a continent, is throwing out a lot of fantastic players all over the pitch, except, only in my opinion of course, very few decent goalkeepers how can that be classed as being racist? We can disagree on whether my statement is correct or not, but if the OP wants to steer clear of African goalkeepers due to his thoughts being they aren't as strong in that position as other countries, rightly or wrongly, that doesn't make it a racist statement. He might have 2 African forwards in the team, for example!

Nationalities arent races and thus this isnt an issue of racism. It could be seen as bigotry however.

Concur. It isn't racism, it's nationalism, and it's a silly premise on which to build an FM squad or anything else in life. Why the hell would you not sign a player whose skills and attributes fit your needs?

I avoid African players unless they have a second nationality and don't play for an African national team. I hate the African cup of nations taking my players for a few weeks. I once had five Africans in my team and had an injury crisis at the same time as the ACON. It's no fun playing premier league sides with your youth team let me tell ya.

Did have Enyeama once though and he was awsome for me so I don't why people have said African keepers.

Concur. It isn't racism, it's nationalism, and it's a silly premise on which to build an FM squad or anything else in life. Why the hell would you not sign a player whose skills and attributes fit your needs?

It's not even nationalism, it's just a totally absurd conception that nationality plays any part in the ability of a player, although it's reasonable to surmise that the style of play they're accustomed to might make them less suitable for certain teams in certain leagues.

I still don't believe the OP had any malicious intent but I'm closing this anyway because it isn't likely to get any less contentious:)

Archived