Tutoring players

When you tutor players you have 3 different options....

Player X is the ideal role model for player Y

Player Y would benefit from adaptin player X's approach to the game

Player Y can learn from Player X

What are the diiferent effects of each one?

I usually just use the top one but I'm sure I read they all do something different.

When you tutor players you have 3 different options....

Player X is the ideal role model for player Y

Player Y would benefit from adaptin player X's approach to the game

Player Y can learn from Player X

What are the diiferent effects of each one?

I usually just use the top one but I'm sure I read they all do something different.

The top one will pass on a lot of mental atts and PPMs. i think the middle one a fe wmental atts and no PPMs.

The problem is that there appears to be no logical way of determining which one is most appropriate, and if youngest it wrong the morale of both parties hits rock-bottom - usually the day before a key fixture!

Right I intend putting this into a guide at some point but here's my observations from experience:

You should always choose 'learn from' the first time you tutor a player. The tutee will still get a boost to their determination, a change of personality and will learn PPMs depending on how successful the tutoring is. The other options will generally not work unless the tutor is on their list of favoured personnel, I've never seen 'role model' work, perhaps they need to be favoured personnel and a similar type of player?

I've looked through the FM manual and there's only a brief description about tutoring, so I have a few questions about it. Firstly, where's the option to get a player to tutor another?.

Also, can any squad member tutor another player in the same team?. For example, could you have a goalkeeper in their 20's learn from an established keeper to take over from them when they retire. Or is just a senior team player tutoring youth team (U-21/U-18) only?.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Showstopper:

I've looked through the FM manual and there's only a brief description about tutoring, so I have a few questions about it. Firstly, where's the option to get a player to tutor another?.

Also, can any squad member tutor another player in the same team?. For example, could you have a goalkeeper in their 20's learn from an established keeper to take over from them when they retire. Or is just a senior team player tutoring youth team (U-21/U-18) only?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, only some players get the option and choices a re limited. IF the option is available you'll get a drop-down list (sometimes with only one option) for tutor. First check the coach report - under training he may recommend a tutor.

Archived