When are promoted teams from inactive leagues determined?

I'm waiting for my reserve team to get promoted to a simulated league. They are playing in the league below the lowest active league. For years nothing has happened, so I had their reputation boosted (far above any other club in these leagues) but still they don't get promoted. I also put my first teamers into the reserve squad at the end of the season so that they would have a good team. Now my question is whether it is worth saving before the season transition (19th June --> 20th June) and reloading until my reserve team gets promoted. Or do I need to go back to an earlier date where the promotion is determined?

I'm waiting for my reserve team to get promoted to a simulated league. They are playing in the league below the lowest active league. For years nothing has happened, so I had their reputation boosted (far above any other club in these leagues) but still they don't get promoted. I also put my first teamers into the reserve squad at the end of the season so that they would have a good team. Now my question is whether it is worth saving before the season transition (19th June --> 20th June) and reloading until my reserve team gets promoted. Or do I need to go back to an earlier date where the promotion is determined?

Putting your first-teamers in the reserve team will do nothing. The boost in reputation should have though. Save and reload the day before league reset should work. What team are you managing?

It's a custom German database, I started off as my local team Bonn in the 6th German division, now I just got promoted to the 1. Bundesliga and my reserve team still didn't get promoted, although I set their reputation to 3400 and the other teams have 900-500.

Thank you for your answer! I have saved the game before the date and reloaded for three times to no avail but maybe I need a bit more patience.

It's a custom German database, I started off as my local team Bonn in the 6th German division, now I just got promoted to the 1. Bundesliga and my reserve team still didn't get promoted, although I set their reputation to 3400 and the other teams have 900-500.

Thank you for your answer! I have saved the game before the date and reloaded for three times to no avail but maybe I need a bit more patience.

Frankly, if you have given the reserve team a massively boosted reputation then you shouldn't need to reload too much. If you find that they're still not coming up then something is wrong with the database.

You are right. Sorry for the fuss. I just checked the DB again and it appears that while modelling all the local teams in perfect detail, ironically I must have forgotten to put my reserve team in the lower league. So they are assigned to no league, hence no promotion. Kind of sucks to find that out 10 years into the savegame :D

Okay, new question^^

Is it possible (via FMRTE?) to assign a new team to a club? I think it can be done for B- and C-teams, not sure about regular reserve teams, though. Or maybe assign a non-league team to a league?

Archived