Training - Help needed

I have posted this thread over in the tactics and training forum as well, and copy and pasted it over here, as I know this page tends to be more popular and many of you over here are just as knowledgeable.

Hi guys,

When it comes to creating my training schedules I seem rather unprepared. I know that certain areas work on certain attributes but still I am unsure on how to create a successful schedule and how the training actually works.

Some questions that I have:

Workload - What are the effects of overly heavy or light training?

Will a player on a heavier schedule improve more?

Players often say they are unhappy with the workload, how does this play out? Is it a morale feature or something that hinders progress?

Creating a balance- How do I go around maintaining certain attributes and building others?

Tips on finding out what makes attributes drop or simply holds them?

Is the amount of training what is important or is the differing intensities that choose the improvement or shall we say distribution?. I.e Is 17 notches of attacking and 12 of defending, much different to 14 attacking and 9 defending, seeing as the difference is the same?

Does the training improve the player or does it affect only distribution and they are improved through good performances?

What am I looking for in a youth schedule seeing as there is less mobility?

I understand it may be difficult to categorically answer all my queries but any help, things that you have found or tips that have aided you would be gratefully received.

The workload, unhappy players and distribution are my main questions, I just feel that I haven't really come across that much information in this area and I only really work through common sense.

Archived