Loan frustration

In League 2 as Havant & Waterlooville I managed to loan a regen striker from Chelsea in January.

He was a sensation and we managed to win the league and get promoted. When season was coming to an end he had the club as favoured club and me as favoured personell, yet when I wanted an extension to the loan and Chelsea accepted, he had no intention of joining us. I've tried a few more times to loan him again after season start, but he still has no intention of joining us, even when he "hopes to gain first team experience from going on loan".

One would think that he would be more willing to join his favoured club and favoured manager in a better league than last season.

Agreed, but it's possible that his reputation has increased so much, on the basis that "he was a sensation", that your club hasn't kept up with his ambitions and he's looking to play for a much bigger club. It's certainly frustrating, but that's always the way with young players - they tend to develop much faster than their clubs can. I remember having this issue back in FM2007 or something. Best thing is to move on and find a new player to do a job for you - I don't think it's wise to rely too much on young loanees.

Archived