Stay at anfield or move to the san siro?

Alright chaps, I think I need your advice!

Im currently into my third year of managing Liverpool, and we have won the title for the last two seasons running, as well as the champions league, league cup (x2) and the euro super cup. we're looking good, though a bit shaky for my liking, for another PL title, and maybe the CL if things go our way. My squad is brilliant, consisting of - amongst others - A. Ferdinand, D Agger, D Villa, Silva, Torres and more.

However, Milan are not pleased with their Ancelotti! Lying fourth, he has decimnated their once title winning squad, and are now lying 6th in the table. They still have a core of good players, including rafinha, kaka and alves. But ancelotti has wasted so much money on has beens or never have's like ashley cole and more, that his team is now a sorry sight. He is under pressure, and due to my current reputation I think I may have a chance with being signed if I apply.

Pros of staying at the pool: Moving to New anfield at the start of next year, brilliant squad - and most importantly, full of stars of the future!

Cons: Not much money to spend, lots of pre game debt.

Milan offers me the chance to rebuild, with a hell of a lot of cash, and start again with new challenges, but to do that I must leave behind all my work at liverpool.

I cant decide? What would you do?

Alright chaps, I think I need your advice!

Im currently into my third year of managing Liverpool, and we have won the title for the last two seasons running, as well as the champions league, league cup (x2) and the euro super cup. we're looking good, though a bit shaky for my liking, for another PL title, and maybe the CL if things go our way. My squad is brilliant, consisting of - amongst others - A. Ferdinand, D Agger, D Villa, Silva, Torres and more.

However, Milan are not pleased with their Ancelotti! Lying fourth, he has decimnated their once title winning squad, and are now lying 6th in the table. They still have a core of good players, including rafinha, kaka and alves. But ancelotti has wasted so much money on has beens or never have's like ashley cole and more, that his team is now a sorry sight. He is under pressure, and due to my current reputation I think I may have a chance with being signed if I apply.

Pros of staying at the pool: Moving to New anfield at the start of next year, brilliant squad - and most importantly, full of stars of the future!

Cons: Not much money to spend, lots of pre game debt.

Milan offers me the chance to rebuild, with a hell of a lot of cash, and start again with new challenges, but to do that I must leave behind all my work at liverpool.

I cant decide? What would you do?

well i think if you want a more exciting game where you can spend money and test out new players and young stars then certainly move to san siro but if you want to keep winning titles with a fantastic club stay with liverpool.

i am sort of the same as you atm. i am liverpool and won everything last season and won the prem and fa cup the year before. thing is i haven't been offered a job from anyone! i want an international job!

unbelieveably, Milan have kept faith with their manager! However, the board did concede that they would have to consider me for the job, if they decide to sack CA icon_wink.gif

Might just wait till the end of the season, win the PL one more time, and then hope Milan have continued to underperform and take the job off the ageing ones hands icon_smile.gif Interestingly, the spain job will be up for grabs in the summer (its now winter), and half my liverpool team are spanish. Maybe Liverpool and Spain might be ever so slightly better than Milan - hummmm decisions!

Liverpool (full of spaniards) + Spain = Fun

Played that way twcie in 07 and once in 08, and it's great fun setting all of the crosses to Torres and Villa and not letting anyone else getting any glory, making them seem all the more special.

Well, Liverpool is an easy ride from where you are. Young teams, already dominant, you would have to be a muppet to not win each and every season.

Milan, especially after a few seasons, if one hell of a good game. Especially if they have been managed poor.

Infact, Milan from the start is good too. Such an old squad makes uber fun if you like scouting and signing youth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flair:

Well, Liverpool is an easy ride from where you are. Young teams, already dominant, you would have to be a muppet to not win each and every season.

Milan, especially after a few seasons, if one hell of a good game. Especially if they have been managed poor.

Infact, Milan from the start is good too. Such an old squad makes uber fun if you like scouting and signing youth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even better is that ive signed the best young keeper (neuer) and other wonderkids, and so they might not want to leave the pool. So taking over at milan will mean that I have to find new faces, as opposed to just sign all the old ones from liverpool!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Me131:

dont listen to theses muppets liverpool are a much bigger club than milan stick with the pool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif give that man a medal, that's the funniest thing i've ever seen on these forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Me131:

dont listen to theses muppets liverpool are a much bigger club than milan stick with the pool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif give that man a medal, that's the funniest thing i've ever seen on these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't know why it's so funny tbh as i would say that Milan and Liverpool are around equal given their histories.

Milan League wins - 17

Liverpool League wins - 18

Milan Euro Cup - 7

Liverpool Euro Cup - 5

Milan Coppa Italia - 5

Liverpool FA Cup - 7

Milan Italian Super Cup - 5

Liverpool League Cup - 7

they seem pretty equal to me with both teams also being in fourth place of their respective leagues.

so while he may not be right, i'm sure there have been more obscene and stupid comments made.

To answer the question, i would stay with Liverpool as you chose them to begin with, but it depends where your heart is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZlatanFollower:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

icon_biggrin.gif give that man a medal, that's the funniest thing i've ever seen on these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't know why it's so funny tbh as i would say that Milan and Liverpool are around equal given their histories.

Milan League wins - 17

Milan Euro Cup - 7

Liverpool Euro Cup - 5

Milan Coppa Italia - 5

Liverpool FA Cup - 7

Liverpool League Cup - 7

they seem pretty equal to me with both teams also being in fourth place of their respective leagues.

so while he may not be right, i'm sure there have been more obscene and stupid comments made.

To answer the question, i would stay with Liverpool as you chose them to begin with, but it depends where your heart is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZlatanFollower:

Milan League wins - 17

Milan Euro Cup - 7

Liverpool Euro Cup - 5

Milan Coppa Italia - 5

Liverpool FA Cup - 7

Liverpool League Cup - 7

To answer the question, I would stay with Liverpool as you chose them to begin with, but it depends where your heart is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A tad misleading there Zlatanfollower; you seem to be comparing the Italian Super Cup with the English League Cup. Italy only has one "proper" cup (and therefore less chances to win silverware). The Italian Super Cup is basically the English Community Shield (therefore not an indicator of anything except the league titles they have won).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

Originally posted by ZlatanFollower:

i don't know why it's so funny tbh as i would say that Milan and Liverpool are around equal given their histories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yawn.

It's been discussed at length on these forums before re: what makes a big club and whilst success in a cup and title sense is essential to even be considered a big club, it is not the be all and end all.

Consider revenue, and desireability, these are also factors which must add depth to the "big" club argument.

THis obsession certain people have with English clubs being big because of success is quite pathetic and in the grand scheme of things who are the clubs that every footballer would want to play for (ignoring financial incentives and possible loyalty issues) AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Considering this, LIverpool pale into insignificance.

And that my friends, is why it's funny. icon_biggrin.gif

LOL - I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!! im hoping your a liverpool supporter seeing as thought your considering AC MILAN im thinking otherwise...I mean, does 2005 and 2007 mean nefin? liverpool have a kind of european rivalry of recent years with ac milan for the champions league and tbh in real life most of the fans at ac would probably dislike the appointment of you purely for doing so well at liverpool or otherwise heckle you. But thats just me, i know some scousers who respect ac very well but I would NEVER consider a move to ac netym soon.

It's a test of how brave you are really, I mean you could stay at Liverpool, where your job sounds pretty safe, and you're pretty confident of the Premierleague title... The easy thing would be to stay where you are in what doesnt sound like an amazingly challenging job.

Personally, I think I'd find it more challenging to go to Milan, who clearly aren't head and shopulders above the rest in Serie A, as Liverpool are in the prem... I would want to see if I was good enough to turn Milan's fortunes around the way you've done at Liverpool.

But that's just me icon_wink.gif

Archived