1,500 not out

How do you get a in game manager pic?

You can download them from somewhere. If I remember correctly, in the Careers Thread there is a thread by Dafuge named 'From Young Men to World Beaters' and somewhere in his thread he has posted the link.

Nice goal tally as well. Managing that long gives you a sense of what it must be like for Sir Alex. All the staff have been brought in by you, all the players were brought in according to your specs, you oversaw player development, and squad rotation... What I like about a long save is that its not so much about constructing a perfect team for one moment, or even one season, it is about winning titles year in, year out, seeing if the dominance can be maintained even when a significant amount of the old guard leave the club (due to retirement, old age, transfers, etc.).

Season 2033/34 completed with my Oxford side on FM10. Highlights were that Oxford won their 16th Premier League title and their 9th League Cup under my stewardship.

My 38 year old Brazilian striker Felipe scored 32 goals in 40 starts and 14 sub appearances in all competitions. 20 league goals was a decent effort from him and an improvement on the 15 he scored in the Premier League last term. Stats still look good too despite his advancing years:

2duftde.png

Felipe’s league career stats. 18 seasons now played at Oxford:

121so4h.png

Felipe has now appeared a record 844 times in all competitions for Oxford. He is 27 games short of breaking Engin Bekdemir’s league appearance record of 578 for the club though, but he will hopefully eclipse that next season.

t53zmc.png

Felipe’s record under me now stands at:

844 club games / 988 club goals (551 league games / 620 league goals)

169 International games / 122 International goals

Grand total since I signed him, including internationals for Brazil:

1013 games / 1110 goals

Nice to get him over the 1000 career appearances barrier. His next target for the new season is to score the 12 goals he needs to have 1000 goals for Oxford. The next goal he scores will also make him Oxford’s oldest ever goal scorer, another record currently held by Engin Bekdemir.

Of the 36,000 players in my game database the oldest are aged 39, of which there are only 10 or so who are all goalkeepers. Next there are roughly 40 players aged 38 and of the 12 outfield 38 year olds only 2 others are strikers, so surely time is almost up on Felipe’s amazing career.

I’m expecting the 2034/35 season to be his last but with a player as legendary as Felipe, who knows….

Biography:

1448w12.png

• 6 months later...

Archived