Frustrating

I've been a long time fan of Football Mannager, I've been playing this back when it was championship mannager since 1997 or so. But lately, 2012 has been frustrating me beyond belief, the AI is obviously cheating, because I have been playing against Porto for 4 days now, the same match over and over and over again, with various tactics, yet the outcome in the match engine is allways a loss due to freak mistakes, I can lead and dominate the game and then suddenly my players stop sticking to the plan, start standing still to allow a porto player who is a lot further away from the ball to actually come and get it, Porto shoots from impossible distances and scores even tough my goalkeepr is suposed to be verry good etc.. etc... my striker and AMC's suddenly forget how to shoot etc.. etc... my players pass the ball to eachother and suddenly the ref calls a foul when nothing happened etc...

My hand hurts from pounding the wall, my keyboard was allmost broken due to me smashing it against my screen, I'm just glad that my 3 year old kidd wasn't in the room because I'm affraid I'd smash her head in with the keyboard during a rage moment if she'd make a sound whilst the AI is cheating it's way to victory again.

We need a patch that at least let's us save during the match itself to counter the cheating AI or, and this would be best, a patch to stop the AI from cheating, I've been playing full length matches and each loss of the ball from my side is due to a freak moment happening to one of my players, or my players playing long balls even tough they are ordered to play short (both in team instructions and player instructions).

And it's not just against porto by the way, in my own league I suddenly started losing against one of the weaker teams in the league, and only because they had the super keeper cheat all of a sudden (his stats where a lot worse then his saves would sugest) I had to resort to reloading and adding a mannager taking them over and putting their under 19 players in goal and defence to win, and before you say: Cheater! I'm not cheating any worse then the AI is)

I've reached the Euro league quarter finals last year, I spent the cash on great players and coaches, my team should be able to at least draw against Porto, but the AI doesn't want to allow it and it makes freak stuff happen to allow Porto to score equalizers and winning goals, usually near the end of the game.

/end rant

Firstly, you are technically the cheat for replaying the same game over and over. You lost, move on fella.

Secondly, your tactics clearly arent working. Back to the drawing board me thinks.

Number three, I think you need anger management classes. What has your wall and/or keyboard ever done to you? Shocking really!!! I dont think your kid is safe in your presence.

The AI is incapable of cheating.

The ME doesn't even know which team is AI controlled and which is human controlled.

It simply takes the inputs and calculates the outcome.

Every game is winnable although the chance of doing so varies. You seemingly have got into a situation where you have a very low chance of winning the match however if you upload the save I have no doubt someone will win the match very quickly.

My advice: Accept the defeat and move on.

My tactics are quite good, got me to the quarter finals in the Euro league the previous season with Anderlecht (without reloading, I do this only when I feel cheated into a loss), it's a variation on somone's online tactic, and as said it all goes wrong when freak stuff starts to happen. I'll post my save, let's see if you guys can fare better, if so I'll be the first to admit being a whiner. Alltough I did do a "fm 2012 cheating AI" search on google, and I'm not the first to claim the AI is cheating via the ME.

About the Anger management, this game is the only thing that manages to send me into rage mode. I'm usually quite calm, it also has a tendency to bring me into utter exatacy at times and often I'm cheering loudly fists in the air as if at a real football game when playing this game.

Moving on to the next match will put me 3d in the group of the champions league with Porto 1 and Liverpool 2 and me 3d with 1 point behind Liverpool (beat them 2-0 in the first match without reloading) Porto is my nemesis, I lost the first game against them, but that was a fair game, no freak behaviour and it looked to become a draw untill they scored in the 91st minute

here's the download link for the save file: http://www.2shared.com/file/iJUIVpS7/RSCA__v02_.html

Like many of the threads we see on the forums that complain of the AI cheating you probably have a very direct, attacking tactic that borders on exploiting the ME.

Over time other teams adjust, see you as a threat and play more conservative, counter attacking football against you. Your tactic performs poorly when the AI defend deep and in numbers and you fail to adapt to the different style of football teams are playing against you.

I feel robbed of victory when I have 20 shots at goal and only score once. They have none until the 95th minute and with their first shot at goal they score. Know what I do? Get on with it!!

I bet Kenny Dalglish wishes he could reload virtually every game this season where he has felt robbed, but in fact it's down to his poor tactics.

You clearly want to cheat to win by reloading all the time but can't even do this because you are obviously not understanding how to apply and counter tactics in this game, which is harder than any previous version.

I'd suggest downloading a super tactic, or go back to a previous version where it was easy to win every game.

lol, the gods have a sense of humour, now that I ranted like an idiot, we actually got a 0-0 draw against Porto.

I don't have an attacking style of play, I have a neutral totaal voetbal/Barcelona tici taca style of play with lots of short passes and an attempt to play beautifull football with lots of passes, I play at a low tempo, for the match against Porto, I adjusted things a bit to play more defensive. And I get praise from other managers for my playstyle, it's just that against porto my players mostly played long balls even tough they wheren't suposed to, this time they stuck to the plan, and got a 0-0 (we even could have scored but failed to shoot on target)

For this I focus on getting players with good passing, and composure and decision making, I tend to train tactics a lot to improve the mental variables

How do you really know how good your tactic is if you reload everytime you feel "cheated"? A good tactic covers situations both when your winning and when your up against it. You may have a good tactic when things are going well for your team, but it seems you have no plan b built in anywhere to deal with a problem.

Take it like man boy, don't squeal like a pig. If you reload everytime you get a result you don't like it will take forever to finish a season and you'll have no sense of accomplishment at the end. Think about why you lost, learn the lessons and move on.

How do you really know how good your tactic is if you reload everytime you feel "cheated"? A good tactic covers situations both when your winning and when your up against it. You may have a good tactic when things are going well for your team, but it seems you have no plan b built in anywhere to deal with a problem.

plan B are my 2 back up tactics wich are variations of my main tactics, and I do accept a loss, when it's a fair loss. But not when it makes no sense at all, or when it happens due to freak behaviour by my players.

plan B are my 2 back up tactics wich are variations of my main tactics, and I do accept a loss, when it's a fair loss. But not when it makes no sense at all, or when it happens due to freak behaviour by my players.

What constitutes a fair loss? So you do not accept any mistakes by players or anything like that?

Do you also reload when you win by any of these situations?

shall we move on from my angry rant people? It was written when I was still frustrated, it was dumb, and I just needed to vent frustration, let's just leave it at that, and not start with ad hominem arguments. Yes my rant was dumb, yes it's stupid to write first and think later during times of anger, and yes I overreacted by constantly spamming ALT+F4 as soon as I felt 'robbed' and reloading the game.

What constitutes a fair loss? So you do not accept any mistakes by players or anything like that?

Do you also reload when you win by any of these situations?

When my player is close to the ball and remains completely frozen for several seconds, allowing the oponnent to come from far away and pick up the ball (this only happens against the big European teams tough like madrid, manchester, porto etc...) or when my defender has the ball, and an ocean of room to walk, or play the ball to a fellow teammeber, yet he just stands daar looking lef and right left and right for seconds to allow the oponent to walk over to him tackle him and go through on goal at times like that I think my player has been bought or something lol

You Alt+F4ing bitch. Damn you!!

:o

Archived