PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer open FM after updating

DaveF
03-05-2012, 07:59
Purchased the game for use on an Asus Transformer on Saturday and all was working well. I updated this morning and now all I get is a completely blank screen. I've tried uninstalling and then installing again but no joy. I noticed a comment on Play saying the same. Is this a problem with specific devices?

Marc Vaughan
03-05-2012, 08:03
We'll look into this asap this morning and get you back up and running as promptly as possible, don't panic I'm sure its something which we'll be able to rectify - once we work out whats happening.

Just to confirm after updating did it download additional data or not for you?

DaveF
03-05-2012, 08:10
Thanks for the very quick reply! It started the process of downloading additional data but then seemed to hang a bit. Not sure whether it installed or not though.

Marc Vaughan
03-05-2012, 09:19
Ok - you've two choices in the meantime, I'm just waiting to get hold of a test device here to work out whats happened with your upgrade.

In the meantime if you're impatient to play - you could try deleting the fmh_data directory (if you have beloved save games back them up from the save_games directory first) and then uninstalling and reinstalling the game, that might fix things (until I get my mits on that device to test I can't honestly say - I should have one within the hour).

DaveF
03-05-2012, 09:43
That's great. Deleting the data and opening again has done the trick. Thanks.

Marc Vaughan
03-05-2012, 09:46
Cool - thats fantastic, thanks for letting me know.