Is this realistic???

In the 2012 FM game there is no such thing as a regular 1st. 11. If you play games like this you will very soon have no reserve players that are not on the transfer list because of "a lack of 1st. team football". In all my games I have my favourite 1st. 11, but I have to interchange with reserves every game. I almost never play the same 11 two games in a row, due to the "want 1st......" syndrome.

I never carry a squad bigger than 25. I usually try to put in the fittest player in each position, but many times I am just changing them simply to keep the reserves happy. Doesn't matter if they are signed as "back-up" or "rotation" they want to be in the 1st. team. No way you can play your best 11 week after week, even if they are all fit enough to do so.

This all seems unrealistic to me.

So you would be happy picking up your wages each week and never actually playing??

Rotation expect to be involved in a fair number of match - hence the term rotation, backup expect less in general with around 10 appearances a season usually keeping them happy.

You also need to consider other attributes though, like ambition.

So you would be happy picking up your wages each week and never actually playing??

Rotation expect to be involved in a fair number of match - hence the term rotation, backup expect less in general with around 10 appearances a season usually keeping them happy.

You also need to consider other attributes though, like ambition.

Cougar; You are lucky if you can get away with 10%. When my lot come saying they want 1st. team football they are not happy to play less than 75% of the 1st. team games, once promised. I am constantly having to put players in the 1st. team, way too often, who are simply not as good as the best guy. It matters not if the're young, rotation, back-up; sooner or later they are demanding 1st. team footie, or the're off!

I find it weird at times. You sign a player as a Back-up player, he is aware of this and agrees to it in his contract, yet, even though he's getting game time he wants regular first-team football. It's more annoying when it's a keeper!

Strange it doesnt seem to be affecting everyone. I have a Spurs game going at the moment and 4 seasons in, the only person who came up to me requesting 1st team football was Van der Vaart in the first season. Due to the amount of games played in the premier league, its very rare that players are fit enough to string 3-4 games together so am always rotating naturally. Also as mentioned above, it really helps with youth development.

When a player says this you have to play in a few games that month to keep your promise. If you go to his personal tab it says something like "has been promised playing time in the next month".

I only find it annoying that when you say "last time I gave you a chance you didn't perform" they never agree(for me), even with a very low rating in their previous performances.

Yes it's realistic that players will get unhappy because the majority of footballers want to play, not sit in the reserves.

I always say I'll loan them out or let them leave, usually does the trick.

You are right billy, it doesn't affect everybody, same with the injury volume. Unfortunately, I tend to get both in high abundance!

I understand and it is unfortunate. I would use both incidents as another challange but I understand it can be very frustrating

every player in the world playing in a teams reserves wants to play for the 1st team...

thats where the 'management' part of your job title of ' football manager' comes from... otherwise.. you're just a coach...

its your job to juggle players and keep them happy.. or move them on.. etc

part of the game.. and a valid part

but out of interest... i have a first 11, and a normal 5 i stick on the bench every game.. occasionally players get miffed , but thats their perogative, they get a game when and where the team needs them.. not the other way round.. if they dont like it... they leave.

Archived