[BUG] Possible to scout nations outside of your network ? Is it a bug or intentional ?

I don't know if this is a bug because I tried it last night.

Basically I am in nPower League 2 and my chairman has restricted me to scouting in the UK / Ireland no matter how many times I ask to expand the scouting network.

I have a couple German scouts from my previous season where I signed a couple German players from the initial scout reports I got when they were hired. I never deleted their initial GERMANY assignment under Scouting Assignments.

Now I'm still restricted to scouting the UK / Ireland but last night I decided to highlight my scouts old Germany assignment from when he was first hired and I clicked RESTART for this assignment.

He went off and gave me a fresh new scouting report from Germany. Is this intentional? I'd think this wouldn't be allowed since my scouting network is restricted to UK Ireland.

Am I missing something?

Sounds like a bug.

It seems to imply that the coding stops you from adding a new assignment but not from restarting a previous one.

Report it in the bugs forum and SI will take a look at it for future versions.

The thing is that he didn't scout Germany. Just like the very first scout report he provided, it was an instantaneous thing right (he returned the next day)? It's because he is German, and he compiled the report from his knowledge. I think the game assumes that scouts keep up with the game in their homeland or have friends there that they could quickly ask. I sign exotic scouts all the time for this reason; I'm really not sure that it's a bug.

Yes. The report is almost instantaneous and it's not super heavy. The thing is though that on Day 1 you can restart, scan it over when he gets back to you on Day 2, restart again, scan it over on day 3 again because he'll get back to you with a bunch of new players.

I can basically restart him in germany 20 days in a row and get different players back in reports everytime. It is essentially sending him on a scouting mission in Germany when I'm not allowed to scout there. Isn't it?

Archived