Inability to 'Exchange Player'

Exchanging players is rare in real life and seemingly difficult to code within FM.

To be able to exchange a player the club you are buying from need to be interested in the player you want to exchange.

Exchanging players is rare in real life and seemingly difficult to code within FM.

To be able to exchange a player the club you are buying from need to be interested in the player you want to exchange.

I think the OP's problem is that the option doesn't even appear. I've always been able to offer a player whether the team I am offering him to has an interest in him or not (although they will reject if they don't like the deal). I remember having to navigate my way to the particular player's page and click on Transfers and something will come up regarding inclusion in a part-exchange.

I think the OP's problem is that the option doesn't even appear. I've always been able to offer a player whether the team I am offering him to has an interest in him or not (although they will reject if they don't like the deal). I remember having to navigate my way to the particular player's page and click on Transfers and something will come up regarding inclusion in a part-exchange.

Well I'm using FM11 atm and the option doesn't appear/is greyed out unless the team have an interest in one of your players.

In the top right of the offer it says something like: Team X has shown an interest in players X, Y and Z. You then are able to pick one or more of these players from a drop down list to include in the offer.

Well I'm using FM11 atm and the option doesn't appear/is greyed out unless the team have an interest in one of your players.

In the top right of the offer it says something like: Team X has shown an interest in players X, Y and Z. You then are able to pick one or more of these players from a drop down list to include in the offer.

Yes. That is still one of the ways to do it in FM12. Try preparing an offer, and before submitting, going to one of your player's pages and clicking on the transfer drop-down menu, an option should be there for inclusion in the deal (should work for any player).

Actually, I don't need to do that. The option is always there for me: I just loaded up FM11 for the first time in ages. I'm not sure why you can't.

EDIT: This is what I see. There is a "Players to Exchange" section. It has two buttons: 'remove' (which is greyed out) and 'add'. I click on 'add' and there are two options in a drop-down menu 'Transfer Listed Player' and 'Other'. I click on Other (I have no transfer listed players), I can then select any player in my squad - click on Transfer and Contracts and the top option is Exchange.

has anyone ever exchanged a player successfully? i've been playing since FM09, but never been able to do and never heard of anyone who has done it

I've definitely done it before. It was a player that the other team was clearly interested in though.

has anyone ever exchanged a player successfully? i've been playing since FM09, but never been able to do and never heard of anyone who has done it

Yes but only if they other already has an interest in your player though. With these deals I make sure to transfer list and set to needed my player so they, hopefully, won't reject the move. These moves are very rare though.

Archived