A request for FM2013

I love the 2012 game; I think its the best version yet however for me there are a few minor tweaks that would really improve the game. I am not going to touch on the ME or Transfer System as I am sure SI are looking at these and I am certain its not as simple as just "changing" it!

Player Interaction around contracts - (again ignoring that there is probably a lot that could be improved here) for me there are two situations I have experienced that grate:

> Post "agent demanded contract talks" in the inevitable "concerned" talk there needs to be an option to say the following (and combinations of the following) I have talked to your agent but we are too far away at the moment; the club has a budget we have to keep to; I would be more than happy to resume talks - the ball is in yours and your agent's court; your agent is asking for too much of a fee i.e. twice your loyalty bonus

On this topic by the way there are often rounds of contract talks (look at Pogba and Welbeck at united for example.) I know the "rounds" are kind of done within the negotiation but perhaps there should be additional rounds if no resolution can be found

> When a player is unhappy i.e. post criticism/team talks etc - there needs to be the option to ask them whether they can really believe their performance (or that of the team) was good enough. for example I had a game where we narrowly beat bradford in a carling cup game and I said it was a let off. Ferdinand and Fletcher were both unhappy. My only option was to say I'd work on it rather than saying guys the performance wasn't good enough - I am pretty sure professional players would have accepted that!

Combine news items - I get sick and tired of having 30 messages about who might win player of the year - why not simply have 1 message on the topic saying x, manager said this and 12 other managers have agreed. However other managers have backed y, z and a player..." In addition the ones where the player "is looking for a way out." comes up far toom much for my liking

Build on the summary page - I hate the player history pages as their become a mess however I love the summary page for players and the "seasonal stats". Can you please add to this:

> Include assists in the games/goals columns (and clean sheets for GK's)

> Create a "club stats" version to cover their time at the club they are at

> Create a "Career Stats" version to cover their career

This way I can never have to look at the player history page which (lets face it) is unlikely to get cleaned up any time soon (though I do have ideas on how they could if interested.)

Add agent speculation for managers - In my game managers declare interest which in RL I see agents do but not very often the manager. At worst they don't deny the speculation which feels more realistic

Integrate the "respond to comments" into the press conferences (especilly if you don't respond to them.) Its important to have the questions on occasion outside of press conferences but not the second before you go into one.

Look into manager's comments on likely outcomes for a teams season. I had the situation where I had played 3 games compared to the top teams' 6 and therefore was in about 6th. Bearing in mind I had won the league the last two seasons it felt really strange to have mid-league team state that they are going to show my team how far from a title challenger we are...? And if a club is languishing shouldn't the comments be about surprise at the position, certainty that they will turn the corner (think when Liverpool were bottom of the league for a while a couple of seasons back and every report stated that they couldn't possibly continue to stay that low in the table!)

Offer coaching roles to legends when they announce retirement (and make them more likely to join the staff) - I had Ryan Giggs announce his retirement at the end of the season and while he then got his coaching profile his agent wouldn't discuss a new contract (I wanted at least player coach and then coach,) I had filled my quota (had to release a coach to get him in) and then he rejected the contract offer. IRL Man Utd just added Scholes to the youth coaching set up - I cannot see the board having rejected that!

Manager Points. I still can't for the life of me understand why not every competition gets added to the points tally. In England only the FA Cup, and league count, the two euro competitions count but the super cup, world club championship etc don't. Even if they only carry small points they should be included as should lower league achievements. I know they are included in the histories but I think they should be in Hall of Fame too - even if they are consigned to "Minor Cups and Minor Leagues etc."

Manager comments in general are rubbish at the moment, I never have the option to say to other managers what they say to me or at least give a response that relates to their comment.

I agree on the achievements thing, I think it's ridiculous that only league and FA cup count in the hall of fame trophies, and there should be a lot more categories than just major and minor.

Wish list FM2013

- a list within the shortlist, to mark the players you’ll pursue signing, because the shortlist now holds players you’ve scouted but sometimes don’t want to sing in the short term.

- Giving specific playing orders to Youth Team to avoid injuries. For example, don’t play if the player already played a game two days before or if his condition is below 80%. In 2012, if the team had few players they would play all the time and get injured.

- You should be able to edit team colour and kits from within the game for custom teams.

- Being able to create a team that starts in the lowest league from within the game, not only in the editor.

- Fix players statistics saved throughout the years as global, not only league statistics. That way you can see the real progress of players used in Cup and Continental Tournaments.

- Fix players being very good when playing simulated games (scoring goals, assist, etc…) but suck on live games.

- The attribute team work (of player) should improve with Team Work training in before match trainings, and should decrease when away from the team because of an injury, a loan or technical decision for a long time.

- In fact there should be a reward if you manage to keep 5 to 7 players of your staring team playing together since the Youth Team like Barcelona has. Team Work should go up and players should be wiser of the ball and finding teammates with quick trough passes, etc. Team work and chemistry should play a bigger role.

- Strikers with high dribbling attribute should have different moves (that you could teach to youngsters for example) that they favourite when going trough the defense. That way some strikers would have trade mark moves.

- In training, you should be able to plan the days the team will rest in the calendar up to six months in advance. That way you can rest the team when you know is not going to affect it.

- I always play to have home grown players fill the team and be key players like Barcelona. But in 2012, 90% of the players ask me after just a few seasons of joining the first team as starters that they wanted “new Challenges” and wanted off the team. That’s really bad and unrealistic, specially if you’re a top team.

I have no authority on this forum, But if any mods reading this felt it appropriate to merge this in with all the other ramblings then there would be at least 1 very happy forum user.

Maybe I should have started a new thread for this message? Seems to be the growing trend

These are genuinely all decent ideas.

If only there was some huge thread where people collated all such ideas, or even two

I did originally plan just to add it onto the bottom of the 9,758 page wishlist forum but when I spoke to Ter regarding something a season or so ago he suggested that ideas get lost in those forums amidst the let me spend my money on cars and girlfriends posts. I did suggest at the time they could find a way within the forum of stating that an idea has been collected and added to their ideas database but I doubt the have the capacity to have someone solely adding ideas from the forums. Thus I added here on the off chance someone from SI saw it

I did originally plan just to add it onto the bottom of the 9,758 page wishlist forum but when I spoke to Ter regarding something a season or so ago he suggested that ideas get lost in those forums amidst the let me spend my money on cars and girlfriends posts. I did suggest at the time they could find a way within the forum of stating that an idea has been collected and added to their ideas database but I doubt the have the capacity to have someone solely adding ideas from the forums. Thus I added here on the off chance someone from SI saw it

Im not suprised you did that, I'm sure everyone would like that. Imagine if we had 9,758 peple wanting their posts to be read and starting a new threads, forum would be chaos.

A good alternative is the other FM13 thread, where Matt_Ray is acting as a kind of moderator and I think is updating his OP with 'good' ideas.

That said, it doesn't really affect my day how many threads there are, so I'll from now cease being a dick about it online. I also agree with you that cars and girlfriends posters should have FM taken back off them

I have no authority on this forum, But if any mods reading this felt it appropriate to merge this in with all the other ramblings then there would be at least 1 very happy forum user.

Maybe I should have started a new thread for this message? Seems to be the growing trend

There is nothing wrong with starting a thread with a list of ideas, it could generate an interesting discussion which could get missed in the ideas thread.

If you don't like it, simply don't post in the thread. As it is, you keep bumping it back to the top of the page.

Im not suprised you did that, I'm sure everyone would like that. Imagine if we had 9,758 peple wanting their posts to be read and starting a new threads, forum would be chaos.

A good alternative is the other FM13 thread, where Matt_Ray is acting as a kind of moderator and I think is updating his OP with 'good' ideas.

That said, it doesn't really affect my day how many threads there are, so I'll from now cease being a dick about it online. I also agree with you that cars and girlfriends posters should have FM taken back off them

Or there might be 40 or so threads each discussing a single idea and much easier to read through.

Archived