laptop question?

hi could i run all the english leagues including non league plus the top spanish league on a medium size database on this laptop

hp 3gb harddrive, 3gb ram, 2.10 celeron dual core proccessor

eventually i will delete the english non leagues upto the english division 1 which could make it faster in the long term

would this be ok?

thanks for your help

but if i delete some leagues as i get promoted i.e english non league and division 2 etc it should get quicker

Yes, should do.

As long as your're not fussed about the long processing times it's not a problem. I remember years ago playing CM 01/02 on a crappy Pentuim 1 with 16mb of memory which took around 15-20 mins to process a week! Still managed 3 seasons though in one save and loved it!

I know this is probably asked all the time but what spec is recommended to run all leagues in all countries?!

Even with a quad core and more than enough RAM, FM won't run fast if you load all leagues and the biggest data base. But it will run ... nice and slow :)

It's all to do with the processor - the bigger, the better. I have a Core i7 920, 12 GB RAM and a SSD, and I play with all European leagues + top tier of Brazil and Argentina, and it's fast enough for me - but it's not fast, and will be too slow for many.

FM will utilise as much processor power as is available.

But it's still a 32 bit game, so having more RAM does not make it run faster. The only thing that will make it process fast, is a fast processor.

That's not to say FM 13 or FM14 won't be 64 bit, it could well be, in that case get as much RAM as possible.

which is why i always recommend 6gb ram... the game will take as much as it can and leave the system able to smoothly run background processes and lets face it...

doesnt everyone go back to desktop when the game is processing and browse the net or something else?

i usually have music on , browsing forums / net and play the same time

Yeh 6gb RAM is PLENTY.

RAM is definitely used for BETTER multi-tasking, running all those other apps in the background. The more RAM that is free the better it is for playing music, popping emails, instant messaging, skyping, browsing the net, running steam, and all the other things.

4GB RAM is not the end of the world. And upgrading the RAM is a lot easier than upgrading the processor.

4GB MINIMUM is what I'd recommend. If you need more RAM you can acquire that later down the road.

But no argument, 6gb is definitely better. 8gb is great. And 12gb would be a bit on the overkill side of things - just for FM.

Archived